Chapter 4: No Longer Alone Part 1

Start from the beginning

I didn't really know what to say, he still watched though as they knocked me around as I said, "Well, yeah. At least some work is being done, I guess." 

Jackson spoke up before I continued my run, "Don't you dare tell anyone or else." I didn't really think about that, I could use this but it just didn't feel right. Would I really do something as evil that they would probably do to me, well, maybe. 

"Sure, I'll be sure not to give away this little secret, as long as it lets me have something on you and your guardian angel here" Well, now was the time to run away as I could hear Jackson fuming in the background. He didn't yell though, only telling me to come back through clenched teeth. I guess this really was something he wanted to keep secret, that's good. Maybe things are finally changing.

Eventually after running like my life was on the line, I made it to the park and immediately saw Grif and Johndavid sitting down while doing their own little thing. Dominique was late like me and conveniently made it to the park at the same time I did, walking over to where I stood. Both of us walked down to the set up but before making it there, he stopped me as I scanned the other two. Grif was in a weird position as if their side hurt and their leg was propped on a small hand pillow. 

"Falling down the stairs varies so much with how much damage your body takes and Grif was not lucky," Dominique said as I pondered on that strange fact. Everyone really does get hurt differently when falling down the stairs, where Grif was injured intrigued me though. Dominique continued on and said, "About the somatic symptoms we talked about before, I noticed it got worse." I noticed that he was looking at my right hand and when I followed his gaze, I noticed that it was fidgeting and twitching without me even doing anything. The sight sparked fear in my body as I held my breathe. What happened, was I dying, how couldn't I feel my hand doing this? Me being out of breath wasn't helping either as the feeling of throwing up filled my head but just as fast as it came, it faded away. I wasn't dead yet and this is probably because of what that masked person did with their claws. 

It just didn't occur to me that they managed to cut that deep, forcing my hand to stop shaking while saying, "Well, I'll have it checked out later or tomorrow when I have more time." Dominique seemed to just take the answer at face value as he walked away toward the others who laid waiting for us. 

"I understand London, but please have it checked by a professional as I'll be busy helping Grif recuperate." It was obvious who he would pick as more of a priority, not that I minded his choice as it would be better if he was off my back for now.

Both of us walked over with Johndavid noticing us first, "What took you two obtuse boyos so long? You; I expect to be late," Johndavid said while pointing to Dominique before looking back at me and continuing, "but you, you're always right on the clock. Unless I'm dyslexic, it's almost been twenty minutes since we were supposed to come here." 

Grif looked up from their art book that was in their hands and stared at us, agreeing with Johndavid, "Hell, even a cripple like I am right now beat you losers." Grif isn't a talkative one and is surprisingly vulgar, despite their small appearance, but their tone just seemed familiar. Maybe it's because I see them almost every single day at school, but I don't think that matters right now, sitting down and simply laying back to face the sky. 

The last time I actually looked up at the clouds was almost a week ago when this all began. Could I really count that though with it being in a dream, a dream that somehow causes me to feel pain? What if this whole thing is just my mental state breaking apart, memories that I forgot coming back to me or maybe from a previous life? These aimless questions that I thought up in my head carried on for a while until I heard one of them call my name, sitting up and seeing Johndavid waiting for me to answer something. It's hard to describe his appearance, tall and resembling a slim shady clone.