He broke out in a small laugh and smiled to her. "Even if you dump me, I'd still manage to follow you somehow," he said in a playful tone and winked.

Her stomach took a turn again- it was obvious. When a guy says something like that to you, it makes you feel special- given the fact that Iyan did not even talk to any other girl- and makes you even more attracted to him.

Ignoring his words though to not give him even the slightest indication that it affected her, she continued, "So when will you be free to tutor me again?"

"Hmmmm...." He faked a thinking process, "tonight?"

Her eyes widened at the word tonight...

"The school is closed at night, isn't it?" she uttered.

"Exactly, if you want to switch to stream A, then you're going to have to burn the midnight oil. And see," he glanced at his smart watch and tapped on the calendar icon, "you've only got...2 and a half weeks from exactly today! That is surely not a lot of time," he warned.

"Okay..." she said reluctantly and before she could agree to a yes or a no, the bell rang.

Lunch break was over but she now had math class with Mr Moore. Apparently, Mister Moore was a replacement teacher after the Mrs Barry had gone on maternal leave last week. Mariella did not know all the teachers too well but she certainly this Moore guy would not even pay attention to her; she was horrible at math.

Anxiety surged in her heart as she took all her materials from the table and hurriedly promised Iyan to confirm about the studies-at-night plan later. She could simply text him about that later.

Nervous, she arrived at his class panting. Mr Moore was not here yet and the stream C kids were still contributing to the unending ruckus in the hallway, some had not even gotten in the class. She looked around for Scott- he had been such a constant stalker that she had just about gotten used to him but when she didn't find him, she was a bit relieved and she took her seat right in the front bench.

The ruckus outside the class got louder by the time Mr Moore arrived. He wore a pair of waist high pants and a shirt so well ironed that it was tucked inside completely well from all angles one could imagine. He was tall but his bell bottom pants made his legs taller than his height- metaphorically of course.

With a sharp nose, his black thick rimmed glasses hid his eyes as he yelled at all students that were outside and immediately ordered them all to get inside and take their seats. The severity of his voice was enough to get all of the Stream Cs running in like rats and hiding in their corners. As soon as he had entered the class, the class fell to a deafening silence.

Mariella noticed his wheatish skin complexion and his sharp features with a rigid and unchanged face expression. Moore was a white name but he was definitely a mixed race, Indian maybe. His dressing sense was also quite eccentric.

Observing all students for a long moment in silence, Moore continued, "Had you not been in a paid school, I knew just the way to straighten up spoilt kids like you!" he spit.

"But paid schools take money to pamper you kids! So lucky for you but if I find any single one of you loitering in the hallway when it is my class, you're having an F in my next class test and for your information, I don't joke when I speak of marks," he emphasized on his last words hinting utter seriousness.

Mark, the prank guy, was the first to oppose him, "Sir I don't think you have the authority to do that, we have rights as students."

"Detention till 4 for you!" he shouted and finally started his math class.