Who knows, Zach must be stuck somewhere important and was on his way.

She placed her phone back on the table and took out her earphones from the tote bag that she brought along with her. She plugged them in and 'aaoge jab tum' started playing.

She lowered the volume just enough to make out the chitter chatter of people around.

Almost fifteen minutes later, she was looking outside the window tapping her finger to rhythm of the song when she felt a presence on her table.

She looked up to see the waiter holding her order in his hands.

"Here." He placed the cup on her table while she observed his actions.

"Do you need something else?" he asked, his voice laced with British accent.

She shook her head. "Thankyou..." she trailed off expectantly.

"Kai," he muttered.

"Thank you, Kai," she said with a slight smile.

Her smile faltered as she realised she wasn't supposed to be alone here. Her eyes snapped towards the empty seat from across her and she sighed.

Her gaze moved towards Kai, he was still standing there. If he noticed the shift in her mood he didn't comment about it. With a nod in her direction he walked towards his workplace.

She sipped on her mocha and looked around, noticing the cafe was nearly empty.

She knew this was a bad idea. She shouldn't have agreed to this. It has been almost an hour now and she was pretty sure that Zach wasn't showing up.

She sipped onto the hot drink as it soothed her nerves.

She'll probably have a takeout on her way back home.

And here she thought she might have a great time today. Even if she thought this was a bad idea, there was a tiny part in her which hoped that this could have gone better.

The cafe was nearly empty now, apart from an old couple who were sitting with pleasant smiles on their faces.

She closed her eyes for a second after taking another sip of her coffee.

"You were waiting for someone, weren't you?" A voice said from above her. She opened her eyes just in time to see Kai sliding into the seat opposite her.

"Eira," she replied, "call me Eira and yes I was waiting for someone."

"And he didn't show up?" he asked a hint of amusement in his tone.

"If that wasn't obvious." She rolled her eyes and watched as his lips tug upwards. Why was he even bothering to make a conversation? His shift might be over, doesn't he have anything else to do?

"Well, I was wondering if you would like to go to a nearby restaurant, they serve amazing Indian food over there." He smiled and looked at her expectantly.

Eira bit the inside of her cheek, contemplating on his offer. Kai didn't behave like someone who would kidnap a woman. Maybe he was looking for a company or he saw her miserable self and decided to offer his company.