Café au lait

Eira tapped her foot anxiously against the polished marble surface of the cafe and looked out of the glass windows to see cars whizzing by on the streets of London.

It's been fifteen minutes since she is waiting here but there is no sign of him, Zach, her date for tonight.

She checked her phone once again only to see that there was no reply or call from him.

She doesn't have a clue so as to why she even agreed to this. Date or whatever it is. She doesn't even know the person.

Side effects of agreeing to go on a blind date under peer pressure.

She sighed audibly through her lips and the waiter threw a glance at her, staring a moment too long before continuing his work.

She ignored him and rubbed her temple. She decided to wait for another fifteen minutes. Her gaze moved around and settled on a group of teenagers as they laughed loudly on something. Her stomach made a grumbling noise.

She should order a coffee, it isn't rude right to order a beverage before your date arrives?

She looked around for a while before finally spotting the waiter walking towards a table. As if sensing her stare on him, he looked up and she signalled him over.

He walked towards her, his steps graceful and she admired his lean body. Her eyes finally snapped to his face as he came closer and stopped at her table.

For a moment she looked at him right in eye. They were the most beautiful shade of green. His cheekbones were set high and his lips were set into a thin line.

He coughed and colour flooded her cheeks as he caught her staring.

She cleared her throat before looking down at the menu and then back up at him.

"Café au lait," she whispered in her Indian accent.

He nodded. "It'll be ready in fifteen minutes. Thank you." With that he scurried off to his work place. She followed him with her gaze before shifting her attention outside the window.

He was cute, attractive even. But she can't judge someone solely by their looks.

Looks can be deceiving after all.

Her phone pinged with a message and her fingers moved swiftly just in case there was a message from Zach.

Disappointment flooded her as she noticed that the message was from her bestfriend Astrea.

Astrea: How's the date goinggg!!?

He hasn't even appeared yet.

Astrea: What!?

Yes, been waiting for almost thirty minutes now.

Astrea: Fuck. If he shows up, then kick his ass until he has a good reason behind being late. Otherwise he is a jerk.

Lol. Okay!

Astrea: Take care, see you!

See you!

Astrea: Oh and message me if something goes wrong.

She smiled reading her conversation with Astrea. She was the one who convinced Eira to go on a date with Zach. Knowing he didn't show up Astrea might feel guilty. Eira decided to think about it later.