"Alright, well you can walk in the sun - in just about every vampire related book, movie, song, or TV show you either die or sparkle in sunlight. Why is that not the case with you?" 

"There's a special herb you can take, called Sanguis. Consuming Sanguis allows you the ability to walk in direct sunlight for 12 hours, it's extremelly rare - it can only be found in a special valley in Alaska but powerful fairies can produce it - which is what Rowena does for me." 

"So... no sparkles?" I teased. 

"No, no sparkles," Cedric chuckled. "Clearly Stephanie Myers wasn't well immersed in Vampire Mythology - now, where's your locker?" 

"Right up here," I said pointing ahead. "And you don't have to walk me to class, I doubt I'm going to lose control or get killed from the five minute walk." 

"We have the same class first period Bella." 

"Oh right...." I mumbled as I grabbed my books from my locker. "So, what about werewolves? My mom said that they're really rare but I'm still curious - do you know much about them?" 

Cedric shrugged his broad shoulders as we continued walking, I noticed that each group of girls that we passed all had their eyes glued to him like pathetic love sick puppies - I mean seriously, did these girls not have anything better to do then oggle Cedric? 

"Werewolves were ridden out of this town years ago, I'm honestly not the best person to talk to about this - I've never personally met one but Marcus has." 

"You talk about Marcus like he's some all-knowing Dumbledore or Gandolf kind of guy," I noticed. "What's up with that, what's his deal?" 

"Well I don't know what his deal is per-say," Cedric told me. "He's been around for awhile though, he knows alot - " 

"And what kind of supernatural is he?" I pried. 

Cedric opened his mouth to answer but instead was cut off by the sound of the bell. In response he gave another shrug of his shoulders and plopped down in his seat for the start of class, ending our discussion and turning his attention away from me. 

The mystery of Marcus was beginning to really bug me - who was this guy anyways? He seemed almost like a fantasy to me, like he wasn't real the way Cedric and the others talked about him - and yet I knew he was real, he had to be. 

                                                                          ☸

"Hey Bella," Rowena chirped later on in the day, at lunch to be exact. I was standing at my locker putting my books away and grabbing my lunch when she and Lena approached me. 

Both of them wore complete opposite expression's on their faces, Rowena greeted me with a wide smile set upon her precious porcelain like face while Lena's held a deep scowl as if she were plotting to kill me. 

Which terrified me because she probably was. 

"You're eating with us today right?" Rowena asked me. 

My eyes drifted for a minute to where Lena stood glaring daggers at me. "If I'm welcome sure..." I said nervously still looking at her. 

Rowena rolled her eyes and whacked Lena lightly on the arm. "Don't pay attention to her, Lena's all crabby as usual." 

"Seems more then just crabby" I thought silently in my head - but I didn't say it out loud, something told me if I did Lena would rip my head off. 

"So anyways, come on - I don't know about you but I'm just starving." 

In one swift move, Rowena linked each of her arms with Lena and I and began to lead us down the hallway quickly.