PREFERENCE: BEING THEIR CHILD OF AND THEM MEETING YOUR DATE FOR THE FIRST TIME

Characters: Oswald Cobblepot, Jerome Valeska, Jeremiah Valeska, Barbara Kean

Oswald Cobblepot

- Oswald came across you and your date while he was out on a walk. He was surprised to see that you, his child, had a date. He didn't even know you dated yet and you hadn't told him because you were scared of his reaction. And in the moment of seeing your father, you clutched your date's hand in your own, fearing Oswald wouldn't react well because he's always super careful with everyone because anyone could be a spy, and Oswald was definitely suspicious. Because of course, you were his everything and he doesn't want your heart to break. It requires some time and multiple awkward dinners together but he'll come around to them if they treat you respectfully and you seem happy.

Jerome Valeska (AU with him living on and being old enough to have a teenager child)

- He had heard of your date long before you even had planned to tell him, so you gotta train your date to prepare - Jerome can get quite scary when he sarcastically tests your date out. But if your date has dark humor too or is witty with their answers, Jerome grows to like them in some extent. So pick out a person who's brave enough to play along with Jerome, he doesn't like it if your date is cowering before him and tries to please him just so he could let them to date you. He could use their will to please Jerome but he knows you would throw a fit from it.

Jeremiah Valeska (S5 finale version)

- Uhh... you'd better not bring your date up to your father, okay? But if (or when) he finds out that you have a sweetheart, he gives them a talk and that might lead to them avoiding you after that. Your father might seem irrational and crazy with his actions and you might feel like he did it to just piss you out or that he thinks you don't deserve love, but he loves you in his own way and he's actually a bit scared of you breaking your heart. But if you find someone who truly cares for you and actually is ready to accept Jeremiah as his potential father-in-law without another thought (with a healthy dose of fear ofc because otherwise it's suspicious), he might accept your relationship with them.

Barbara Kean (S5 post-finale)

- Your mother had been a villain and feared around Gotham all those years ago, but you faintly remembered it - you remembered sitting at the Sirens and suddenly your mother grabbing you and running because there was a shooting or such. But she was never as bad as the rest of the villains - so when she found out that you were dating someone, she was happy for you. She had no reason to not to trust your date, even though she still sees it immediately if there's something sketchy about them. And still, if there is, she might turn out to be a little scary. But if your date is with you genuinely because they like you, there won't be a problem.