Moonlit walk

Severus left a note for you on your desk to meet him outside when your final lesson was over for the night. You had been teaching the 6th year how to cast spells at and duel at night and returned to your office to see a little envelope and a letter inside. After clearing up the rest of the work and locking your office you went downstairs and out into the cold night, the wind bit at you slightly and you regretted not putting on a coat as you found Severus who lent against the stone brick of the castle.

"Good evening" you said, leaving against the wall next to him.

"(y/n)" he said, "Come" he put out his hand and you took it.

"Where are we going?" you asked, gripping Severus' hand slightly as you followed him down the pathway.

"For a moonlit walk" he said.

"Mysterious" you murmured, slightly leaning into Severus as you followed him past the lake, the moon and slight stars glittered against the slight ripples. It was quiet , the sound of owls and the wind being the only noise which cut through the darkness, apart from Severus' breathing.

Together you walked past the lake and into the black forest, winding through the trees. The branches slightly waved and you could hear the faraway sounds of the creatures of the forest, in any normal time you would be slightly unnerved, your wand close to you in your hand just in case of an attack. However, with Severus, you felt safe, seemingly his presence managing to ward away the many creatures of the forest.

Around half an hour of walking Severus stopped in a clearing. Severus sat and you sat beside him, however, his hands said other ways, pulling you into his warm lap and into his chest. You could feel his warm breath against your hair and his head next to yours. You shivered, the cold finally nipping at you now you had stopped walking. Severus hugged you closer, feeling your cold. "You did not bring a coat" was his words in your ear. "What a silly girl" he cooed. You rolled your eyes as Severus shifted slightly and unhooked his cloak, placing it around you for warmth. You snuggled into it, relaxing into Severus's warm body.

"I have been this far into the forest before" you said, your voice cutting through the silence like a knife.

"It is west of the forest" Severus said quietly, his hand slipping under your top and stoking your stomach. "Close to where I collect bloodroot" he muttered.

You nodded, laying back into his chest and watching the stars as they glittered and winked down at you and him. "Sev" you said quietly, "an asteroid"

Severus looked up and watched as the asteroid passed earth. "4581 Asclepius" Severus said, "I believe it is 425,000 miles away" he said. "it was mentioned in the daily prophet"

"We should make a wish" you said quietly.

"A wish?" Severus asked, confused.

"It is a muggle thing" you said, looking up at the sky. "You make a wish when you see a shooting star"

"Technically it is not a shooting star but rather remnants of planetesimals" Severus said. You rolled your eyes.

"How did you become so educated on the solar system?" you asked.

"I read about it" was his short vague answer. You rolled your eyes again. "Make a wish on the cosmic dust grains then" you promoted, you closed your eyes and made a wish. Severus behind you did one, although he would not admit it. He wished that you and he could be in this peaceful moment forever.

"Did you know if it crashed into the earth all life would be destroyed" Severus said behind you.

"Cheerful" you muttered. Severus chuckled behind you, "You always know how to ruin the mood"

"I am sorry darling" he cooed, kissing the back of your neck. "I can tell you more about space if you wish but it will have to be on the way back to the castle" he informed you. You huffed in response.

"Must we go back?" you murmured.

"Yes, darling," Severus said. He stood up, lifting you up with his surprising strength.

"Was it your plan to invite me out to see the asteroid?" you asked, taking his warm hand again as he led you back through the forest.

Severus nodded, "I thought it would interest you" he said.

"It did" you answered, looking back up at the sky, through the trees you could still see it. Suddenly you fell over, not looking where you were going and fell onto the dirty floor of the forest. You yelled in surprise, and your hand slipped from Severus'.

"Ughh" you muttered, slowly getting up from the floor, helping with Severus' hand which he offered to you.

"You should really be more careful" Severus said, snickering slightly.

You rolled your eyes, pushing him playfully in the chest. Severus smirked, "You want to play pet?" he asked, pushing you up against a tree. You looked up at Severus' face, lit only by the moonlight, he was smirking and his lips reached down to rest on yours. One hand went against the thick trunk of the tree, the other to your cheek as you both deepened the kiss. Your hands went to his robes, feeling the smooth fabric against your fingers as you pulled them close to your chest.

Severus let go and looked at you pressed against the tree. It was getting early and there was much to do, so in one movement he removed his hands and laced his in yours again. You sighed, looking up at Severus. "Now is not the time" he said frankly. You nodded slightly, he had picked up the pace and together you walked through the forest, into the castle and down into the dungeons.

Severus opened the door and sat on the bed, uttering a slight yawn as he pulled his robes off. Together you got into bed, Severus holding you protectively against him. You kissed his nose and his eyes opened. "I really enjoyed tonight" you whispered. Severus nodded, a slight smile twitching his lips. Inside he was satisfied that you were happy, if you were, he was.

"When is the next time that the asteroid will come past?" you asked.

"24 March 2051 I believe," Severus said sleepily.

"Then maybe it can kill all humanity that time" you said quietly.

"I highly doubt it, seeing as it will be 715,000 further miles away from us" Severus said quietly.

You nodded, sleepily nuzzling into his neck. "I wonder if we will be alive to see it" you murmured.

"I will make sure of it" Severus promised.

Severus x reader one shotsजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें