031

CHAPTER THIRTY-ONE : HE'S KING NOW

|

"do you like it?" he asked you, his words jumbling together.

you looked around the suite he had ready. golden decorations and adornments were everywhere and the carpet beneath your feet was soft to the touch. the bathroom was sleek and shiny—the most notable thing being the gigantic circular tub. your eyes lit up as the first thing that came to your mind was bath bombs.

"do you like it?" he repeated, searching your face for any negative reactions. his lips were in a pout and his eyes were drilling into your soul, desperate for validation. he did customize the whole room, after all.

"aw, of course i love it! tomu, you outdid yourself. this is the best room i've ever been in." you smiled and squeezed his hand. he nodded, pleased with your answer and with himself. "you need to take a bath. we all do."

he groaned and shook his head stubbornly. now that there was a perfect bed in front of him, he wanted to fall into it and doze away. you cupped his face and thumbed his cheek, eyes level with his. "if you go into the bath, i'll go in with you."

his body jolted with anticipation, his thoughts running wild. his mouth slightly agape, his eyes never moved from yours. you winked and shrugged. "your choice, though."

/ [ i'll make a separate chapter of your bath together for those who want to see fluffy intimacy ] /

shigaraki felt like he was walking on air. he had ascended to heaven. even though you were doing the final bits of cleaning up around the bathroom, he still felt your hands threading through his locks, massaging the shampoo and conditioner into his scalp. when you doused him with warm water after gliding the soap bar across his skin made him feel new. 

he sat in bed, watching as you slung both towels over a chair. sighing as the bed dipped under your weight, you turned on your side to face shigaraki. smiling and laughing softly, you said, "remember the last time we were like this?"

he cringed and hummed his response. you grinned and kissed his cheek before settling in and dozing off. only a few moments passed before you felt his arms pull you closer. he shuffled down and tangled his legs with yours. his face was in your chest and his arm was slung around your waist. he wanted to stay here, maybe even spend the rest of his days there. and he knew you would happily oblige. 

he's king now and he'll make everyone recognize it. his inauguration was tomorrow and in a way, so was yours. 

he fell asleep peacefully and genuinely happy that night.