002

CHAPTER TWO : GOSSIP GIRLS 

|

the league woke up before you, dragging their feet downstairs sleepily. they saw shigaraki in his long black coat, resembling dabi's in a way. he had told them they were moving again, to another warehouse where new additions to the league could be brought and interrogated.

he made you walk in the very back. at least you caught sight of his sloppily patched up wound, the buzz in your mind put to rest, finally.

"girl, what's up with you and the boss? he don't seem to like you all that much." magne asked. you didn't know her personally, but she was very welcoming and you felt so comfortable talking to her.

you sighed and lowered your voice, whispering into her ear. "i kind of... forced myself onto him-"

"you tried to get on the boss' dick?" she screeched loudly and you violently shushed her, body tingling with embarrassment. dabi cast you a look and you smiled awkwardly.

"what're we talkin' about, ladies??" toga giggled and butted herself in between you and magne. "loooooovvvvveeee?"

"the fuck?? no. i forced my heal onto him, you idiots." you tsked at them, mustering your best annoyed glare. "he was bleeding out and i was like, 'ay boss lemme heal you' and he was like 'no fuck off' and i was like '???'" you explained, glancing at shigaraki's mop of blue hair in the front.

"ah, yeah. he's like that sometimes." magne sucked in air through her teeth. "he doesn't really like to be touched."

you jutted your thumb at toga. "this little gremlin can do it without any backlash, though."

toga grinned happily.

"what can i say, he's weird." magne shrugged, shouldering that huge pillar on her shoulder. "don't let him get to you so soon, you only just arrived. i'm sure he'll let you operate on him soon enough. it took a while for all of us to warm up to each other, really."

"yeah yeah yeah," toga pitched in. "he's a total softie sometimes!!"

"shut up." shigaraki called from the front, motioning for everyone to stop. the pace slowed to a halt, awaiting shigaraki's next order. 

you couldn't see much from the back, but you could make out the warehouse under the dim lighting, surrounded by bushed and trees.

"this is where you'll bring new recruits." shigaraki explained. dabi was already walking off.

"hey, where do you think you're going, staples?" shigaraki spat distastefully. you knew firsthand that he really didn't like people feeling they could do anything they wanted in his organization. was a fight about to go down?

"i'm gonna go scouting." dabi droned, uninterested. "isn't that what you wanted, boss?"

shigaraki tched and waved him off, allowing him to go on. twice also took his leave but everyone else piled into the warehouse.

"tomura, i'm boreddddd." toga whined, splaying her body on the ground. 

"not my problem." shigaraki snapped in response. she huffed and bounced to her feet, skipping over to where you sat. 

"say y/n, i know almost everything about every league member but you're new territory!" she clapped her hands excitedly as she sat down in front of you. "now spill! tell me your whole life story!"

"ahaha, there's not much in it, babe. you could hardly call it a story." you slumped against the wall, feeling a bit bored yourself. this place was musty and overall disgusting too, but it was understandable since the league was broke.

"just tell meee!! where'd you go to high school? did you have any crushes or boyfriends or girlfriends? how about affairs? did you wanna be a hero before a vill-"

"damn, toga, give her a chance to respond, will ya?" magne interrupted, chuckling. she sat down in the little share circle that was forming.

you stifled a laugh of your own, patting your feet on the ground rhythmically. "well, i mean... i was never really for heroes or villains, you know? i didn't wanna get mixed up with either of them. i had a powerful quirk, yeah, but all i could really become was a doctor or nurse for school kids."

"that's a big difference from getting involved with us," spinner commented nearing the share circle too. he crossed his arms and leaned on the wall, listening.

"i know, i know. i tried to show potential as a medical professional but i was way too impulsive. i honestly wouldn't mind being a hero or a villain, as long as my quirk is put to good use. but since the 'hero' side of things kinda rejected my powers..." you shrugged. you noticed shigaraki inching closer to get a taste of the scoop, too.

"'impulsive' is a weird choice of words." compress said, hopping over. you stuck out your hand.

"i know, i wouldn't have thought of it either. but when my quirk manifested, it came along with lots of passive abilities like self-healing and the overwhelming urge to just heal, heal, and heal."

"what?? so you're a feral healer??" toga asked. 

"no, like- okay, so what i mean is like if i see something that can be healed, i won't stop until till it is. or rather, i can't stop thinking about it until it's taken care of. that's why when i didn't have self control, the other doctors thought it better if i don't participate in professional medical stuff." you sighed. "it's a really weird passive ability."

"seems like it." compress hummed. 

magne gasped. "oh, so that's why you forced a heal onto boss! you couldn't help yourself."

you smiled sheepishly, taking a dangerous glance at your leader. "...yeah." you hoped that cleared the air between the two of you.

"okay, now that we've finished all the boring quirk stuff, tell us more juicy stuff about your personal life..."