018

CHAPTER EIGHTEEN : THE TEST SUBJECT

shigaraki walked into the common area of the base, yawning. dabi and compress were there.

"so when're we leaving again?" dabi asked. shigaraki scowled.

"i've told you this many times." he grumbled. compress cut in for the boss. "let's just say very soon, dabi."

shigaraki looked around. the door to your and toga's shared room was wide open. the hand on his face concealed all emotion, but the slight tilt of his head showed that he was curious. 

"hey... did you see y/n leave or something?" shigaraki asked. dabi shrugged and compress hummed.

"nope," dabi said, glancing at the door. "must've been in a hurry though."

"i agree! the door's hinges are barely holding up!" compress chirped only causing shigaraki's eyes to narrow. 

he should go check on you, he thought. maybe apologize? no, you dumbass.

he sighed finally, and turned to the other two. "we should head out."

/

"boss," chronos held a small package in his hand. "this was sent to us this morning. it has no label." 

overhaul picked up the box and examined it, looking for some kind of trap. seeing none, he gingerly opened the box, finding a serum of some sort and a note.

kai chisaki,
       you need not know who i am as of now, but recognize that i am an ally. i'm an associate of the league of villains and require a... test run, if you will! i understand that there is an allegiance between tomura shigaraki and yourself, and you have some willing pawns to test this on. 
       you will not be disappointed by the raw firepower and force this serum can provide!

overhaul debated that this was a trick. maybe whoever was on the other end was trying to bait him with power. he smirked a little, folding back up the note and tucking it away in the box. picking up the serum, he sloshed it around in its container a few times.

good thing i have the perfect test subject hmm? he thought as he reread the note one last time. "chronos?" he prompted.

"yes, sir?" chronos dutifully replied.

overhaul took the box with him as he walked off. "fetch y/n and bring her to lab, will you?"