SPEAK UP

𝘾𝙃𝘼𝙋𝙏𝙀𝙍 𝙏𝙒𝙊

ミ★ 𝘚𝘗𝘌𝘈𝘒 𝘜𝘗 ★彡

Sunday went by pretty quickly for Chifuyu's dismay, last night's events repeating themselves in his mind all day long despite all of his attempts to just erase them or keep them at bay.

And when Monday came, it was probably one of the mornings Chifuyu took the least time to get ready. And everything just so that he wouldn't run into Baji. He was aware that eventually one way or another he would've to meet with the other, but he was determined to delay that situation as much as he could.

It was a short walk to school from his apartment, so it was a new experience to wake up that early, and it is to say, Chifuyu wasn't exactly loving it. Never in his life he had appreciated so much that extra hour to sleep.

Even his mom was surprised to see him at that hour, asking him if it was a special day or something. Chifuyu only told her that he had to help Takemichi with homework and it was due first period, because there was no way he was gonna tell her the actual reason.

After grabbing a cereal bar as breakfast, and making sure the mark in his forehead was covered by his hair, he was ready to go. Chifuyu was calm, he'd send a text to Baji telling him that he had to go earlier and thankfully the other wasn't one to question things, so that would be it. It was a simple yet efficient plan.

But sadly, sometimes the universe just doesn't want your plans to work out.

The moment he opened the front door, there, right in front of him was no other than Baji coming down the stairs, his eyes focused on something on his phone until he raised his gaze, meeting with Chifuyu's.

"Oh, Chifuyu." The blonde considered the option of just closing the door right there, but probably that wouldn't make things much better. "Weird seeing you up so early." Baji continued naturally.

'You are not the one I wanna hear that from!' Chifuyu cried out on his mind.

Baji's hair was still a bit damp, weird, given that he usually took all the time in the world to fix his it on the mornings, and he was also holding a plastic bag on his hand.

"I woke up and I couldn't go back to sleep," Chifuyu laughed nervously. "Aren't you also a bit earlier than usual?" The question came out slightly high pitched than he intended to, but Baji didn't seem to notice.

The other one's face seemed to brighten up at the question. "I need to take care of something before school." Baji smiled softly. "Wanna come with me?"

Seeing Baji acting as always with him really made Chifuyu forget his reasons to not want to see him. A part of him couldn't help feel a bit bad for that same thing, only proving further that the other night's events didn't really mean anything to him. Still, it was better than having Baji avoiding or being weird with him.

"Y-Yeah, okay." Chifuyu smiled, probably more excited than he wanted to seem. He hated himself for being so weak to Baji, only a few words and he was forgetting all his worries and problems. "What do you have to do?" The other one walked down the stairs, the blonde following right away.

"It's a surprise." Baji smirked at him. "I'm sure you'll like it." Chifuyu wanted to quirk an eyebrow, but the cut in his forehead made him hiss at the movement. The older one noticed, stopping on one of the steps, and when Chifuyu did the same he moved the blonde's bangs aside so that he could look at the wound. "You should've treated this properly, not even a band aid?"