I Am

Believe me, I love you've found someone for you. I do.
She's encapsulating beautiful and super sweet too.
But you always had a thing for girls with dark hair, olive skin, and brown eyes. You even wrote a song mentioning a color most of the population has and yet no one seems to find beauty in.
In a world of idolizing the golden hair and sea colored eyes, my golden boy with cerulean eyes wanted a girl with eyes of the earth. My love professed his weakness for eyes like mine. For a handful of years I pretended like mine dark embers were the ones that would be looking into your blue skies for the rest of our lives. You gave me endless hope that someone could see the ocean in my eyes.
And then it halts. And I draw up a Venn Diagram of her and me and try to see if we were close enough in any universe that she could've been me. If only I were half as lucky as to be so effecting on you that you'd want to learn more than my name. Her skin is a soft bronzed glow and her fashion sense is above any I've ever known but her eyes are too light and too primary in color. Suddenly I don't want to sing along to your voice while driving home pretending my dark, overly common eyes were something to marvel over, something you could love, something anyone could love, something I could love.
I just wish she had brown eyes...