Plan B...? You didn't know what that was, but you had a feeling you didn't want to know. So you stayed ignorant.

"Now it's onto the difficult part," Shoko muttered, throwing her head back on her seat before rolling her fingers through her hair. "It's normally difficult of course, but this is even more of a special circumstance. Since no one can know about the little Gojo, I can't exactly request therapy for you. The anonymous hotlines are usually mediocre, and sometimes they do more damage than good. Sadly, the only thing I can do is send you off with a pat on the back."

You pressed your lips together. Of course. If this was the result, maybe it would have been better if you didn't come at all.

"But," Shoko was quick to add, "I will prescribe you this - come check into my office every day. Though I won't be able to 'heal' you without any physical pain, I still want you to talk it out. I can't begin to imagine what you're feeling, but I don't want you to feel lonely through all of this."

Taking a deep sigh, she closed her eyes. "Please don't isolate yourself. The more time you spend alone, the less time you have to cherish your friendships and make new memories. I can't promise you'll ever feel the same, but don't punish yourself for something that's not even your fault to begin with."

You took a deep breath. "... I got it. Thank you, Ieri-san."

•~•

You were walking back to your room from Shoko's office. Though there were no resources you could use, you did learn a bit. Don't isolate yourself? That was easier said than done, that's for sure. If you were going back to your room, that was isolating in itself. Maybe you should try something else? Where did Nobara run off to, class right?

We're you ready to go back? You took a firm gulp as you tried to ease the anxiety. You weren't, but if you can't make the first step today will you continue to push it off and isolate yourself? You didn't want to do that. Senpai was undeserving of having that much power over you! It's time you make a decision for yourself.

So you shifted your walk back to go to class. One step, two steps, five steps, twenty, you were really doing it!

Nevertheless, your internal joy was interrupted by some chatter.

"I'll need another sorcerer to tag along," a voice echoed, rather insistently. "I won't do it on my own." Was that coming out of Principal Yaga's office? You'd normally not eavesdrop, but the voice was unfamiliar! And so that was the excuse you reasoned to procrastinate going to class.

Yaga seemed sceptical. "Do you suspect the mission is too much for you? If so, we can send Satoru in your place to-"

"Gojo can take a step back," the man scoffed. "I'm perfectly capable of doing this mission my self. I just don't want to be bored, that's all."

"If you want company, there's not many sorcerers who are available now. The only sorcerers here at the moment are students - but they have classes to attend."

"Which students are available?"

Principle Yaga paused. It seems he was hesitant, but after a moment of thought you heard some shuffling papers. The man had some audible reactions to some, but for others he couldn't be bothered or just skipped altogether.

"No one in third year, no one interesting in second year either. Out of the first years there's Kugisaki Nobara, a 2nd grade... hm? Y/n L/n, a low third. Who is this Y/n L/n girl?"

You? You were a bit embarrassed. Why would someone ask for more information on you? You were definitely the weakest in your class, that's for sure.

"She's an orphan that was taken under the wing of the Tokyo Branch," Principle Yaga clarified. "Her technique is too complicated so we've had difficulties figuring it out. Her martial skills are on the low average."

"I'll take her." He was quick to respond, which made Yaga the more shocked.

"Naoya she's not suited for a mission like this!" Yaga tried to counter. Naoya? So that's Naoya Zen'in?

"I don't need help," Naoya clarified. "I just want to be entertained." Naoya continued talking, but the words came out of the door muffled. By the time you were able to understand any of it, Yaga spoke up.

"Naoya, if Naobito's the reason I won't permit it!" Yaga was blunt. "She's-"

"Perfectly capable for my needs," Naoya interrupted. "If you won't concede, I will ask her to come myself."

You quickly bolted it as you heard Yaga's voice raise. What was that about? Being called on a mission with Naoya Zen'in? You weren't really sure what to expect, but if it happens you'd probably hear about it soon. That was enough to occupy your mind to ease your anxiety attending class today.

•~•

"Cursed energy can affect material items like weapons, nature, organisms - but don't forget non-material items can also be affected by cursed energy. That is of course with an innate technique! For example, infinity allows me to control the distance in my immediate vicinity to stop hostile attacks. Of course this is oversimplified, but you all should get the point." Gojo-Sensei was in the middle of a lecture, when Yuji raised his hand.

"Yes, Yuji-kun?!" Sensei called, pointing to your pink haired classmate.

Yuji shot his head up, losing balance of the pencil he was holding on his top lip. "So every non physical thing can be controlled by cursed energy?"

"In theory, yes!" The white haired teacher exclaimed. "Megumi's Ten-Shadows technique controls a lack of light - a non physical item. But there have been cursed techniques that control cursed energy, energy itself, space, and potentially ti..."

Before he could finish, Gojo-Sensei was interrupted by a figure bolting it into class unexpectedly.

"Y/n-chan?" Sensei was surprised, but was quick to welcome you. If you were here, that means you were feeling better about what happened. That's a great start. "We saved you a seat! Let's review everything we went over to catch her up to speed, alright everyone?"

You nodded, before plopping down in your seat awkwardly. You came here to be with your classmates, but it was definitely difficult. Though you tried to sit and listened to the topic at hand, you had to perpetually remind yourself that Sensei never hurt you.

But distractions would never cease to come your way.

"Room 104?" A voice called from outside the hallway. It was the same voice from Yaga's office... Naoya Zen'in right? Without much hesitation, he entered the classroom unannounced.

"Excuse me, class is currently in progress," Sensei frowned, looking at the unexpected visitor. "If you've come to harass Megumi, you've picked the wrong time Naoya."

So this is what Naoya Zen'in looks like! Blonde roots, black tips, formal Japanese attire. This wasn't what you expected in the slightest, that's for sure.

"I'm not harassing Megumi," Naoya crossed his arms in dismay. "I'm here for another one of your students. Yaga's orders."

"Yagas orders?" Sensei raised his eyebrow. "Principal Yaga wouldn't call a student during school hours, and most definitely wouldn't use you to do so. Why the hell are you here?"

"I've been assigned a mission in Shinjuku, and I need a second pair of hands." There wasn't an ounce of care in his words. "Y/n L/n, we should get going."

This unsettled Sensei, but strangely also Megumi. Your other two classmates were more surprised than anything to hear your name brought up for a mission with a first grade.

"I don't believe you." Sensei was blunt. "If Yaga really approved of this, have him come here himself."

"Oh, come on," Naoya rolled his eyes, "I really have to do all that just so you'd believe me? It's just because I'm a Zen'in, right?" Scanning the room, he was able to find you pretty quickly. "You're Y/n right? Let's go."

Sensei was quick to block Naoya. "You and I both know what your intentions are. Now I ask you leave this instant before I throw you out of here myself."