17-Dodge My Heart

Start from the beginning

"And! We need to work on that voice, it's very pitchy!"Tuffnut chirps in, as he was eavesdropping our conversation.

"But this is how I sound"I shrug in annoyance.

"Don't worry Hicky!! Astrid will be yours in no time!"He said, confidently with his arm around my back.

Astrid's P.O.V•

Today's was okay for me, I had fun. Trying to hit Hiccup but he keeps dodging them balls. We're just weeks away for graduation and I been thinking if I want to attend the prom or not, but nobody hasn't asked me to go with. I wonder Hiccup would, or I should make the first move. But we have been good friends since I transferred here and I don't want to ruined our friendship, but we have done a lot together and our friends know our relationship is special.

I'm currently just debating on what should I do after high school. I know I wanted to go University, but what major should I do. Difficult choice to make and I haven't forgotten that Hiccup didn't tell me what he's doing so it got me deep thinking on what he's planning to do after high school.

I know he's very good with engineering, he's an ace student, I stare down the window and watch the cars driving by on the left side of the back Berk High. I held closely with my hoodie and kept thinking about my past. I tried to avoid thinking those moments but I'm really trying to not let that thing sink in my life ever again.

I then heard footsteps coming closer to me as I turn to see who is that.

"Hey Astrid! There you are!"Heather sighs of relief and smile.

I pop a smile and greet to her"Hey Heather! Sorry I was just in my thoughts. Needed to be alone for a tiny bit".

"Oh understandable!"She said"I'm just checking up on you".

"Thanks for checking"I nod, and look back at the window.

Heather then stand next to me as we see our reflection, she then notice I wasn't paying attention and was in deep into thoughts, as she taps my arm to gain my attention.

"You okay?"She broke the silent, as her eyes looked worried.

I let out a deep sigh"just thinking. I tried not to think about it a lot".

"Thinking about what?"She looks at me"you can tell me anything!".

I then turn to her and look around to make sure nobody isn't around to hear our conversation.

"I been thinking about my first year in high school. I can't stop thinking about my so called friend"I look away"we did something terrible, something that I can't forgive myself to do".

Heather eyes went wide"oh my".

"I felt betrayed. We had a very good friendship going. Since elementary we were friends"I held my breathe"I trusted him, I wish I could've knew what was he up to. Until it was too late".

I look down at my hands as they were shaking"I was so blind that our friendship was fake since we get into things that we weren't supposed to be doing. I just wish I stopped remembering. That's why I transferred here, then Hiccup. We've been really good friends now and I'm wondering if I'm comfortable enough to be something more, it's so silly to talk about this, I think I'm getting attached to him".