"Yes, I meant it. Once."

"Be happy with her." Jieun whispered silently and left the rooftop. She went back to her dorm and wrapped herself firmly with her blanket and cried. She had never felt like this before. After a year of dating, he just told her that he doesn't love her anymore and he's already dating another girl.

"Jieun...What's wrong?" Soori called. She slightly pulled Jieun's blanket but she refused to let go of it.

"Jieun, what happened, tell me please. You've told me that you'll be meeting Hoya, what happened? Did he do something bad to you?"

"Just...leave me alone...Soori..." She cried. Soori sighed and went to reach her phone, scrolling down the contact list and called Hoya's phone. She went out from the dorm to prevent Jieun listened to it.

Hoya didn't even answer the call. Soori decided to go up to the place that Jieun and Hoya met up earlier, to ask what happened between the two of them. She went up there and only found a Hoya sitting there, with his head between his knees.

Probably crying. She whispered to herself.

She decided to leave the rooftop, not wanting to ask any of the both again.

Soori sighed and sat down at the edge of Jieun's bed. She was soundly asleep already. She reached out her hands and touched the corner of Jieun's eyes. It was still wet. She had just fallen asleep not long ago.

She looked at her, and sighed. Jieun's phone rang. She picked it up and answered the call, slowly, not wanting to wake Jieun up.

"Yeoboseyo?" She called out.

"Umm...is this Jieun's phone?" She heard Hoya's voice said.

"Oh, it's you. Jieun's asleep."

"How's she?"

"What happened between the two of you? She told me that she's going to meet you, but after that she was crying and running back."

"You don't need to know. Please don't ask her."

"I have the right to know. I'm her best friend."

"I'll tell you." Hoya sighed. "I decided to break up with her."

Soori was shocked upon listening to Hoya's words. "Why would you? I thought you love her."

"I...I'm just...going to hang up." Hoya answered and decided to end the call.

"Lee Howon!" Soori immediately called through the phone.

"What is it?" Hoya asked irritated.

"I thought you love her? Why are you giving her away? She loves you too. Can't you see it? That's the reason I gave up on loving you two years ago. I wanted the two of you to be together. But now, what the hell are you thinking? Leaving her? Do you know that she's suffering since she's young?"

Hoya was speechless. He does know that Soori loves him once, because she confessed to him before. But he didn't know that Jieun was suffering. What she's suffering from?

"Suffering? What do you mean?"

"She didn't tell you? Since she's young, she was always living under her sister's shadow. Her sister was a perfect student, and she was nothing compared to her. She tried her best to be like her sister, but no matter how hard she tried, she wouldn't be like her. Don't you know all of this? You're her boyfriend! Well, practically."

"I didn't even know. She never tells me."

"She didn't need to tell you. You just need to know. This is how a perfect relationship works out." Soori complained.