Prologue

She watched as her sister approached to her brother-in-law that was waiting in front for her. She knew that tears were forming in her eyes as she watched her sister smiling widely to her brother-in-law.

It was not tears of happiness. It was tears of sadness.

She quickly wiped it off, not wanting any of the people around saw her crying in her sister wedding.

"You okay?" The guy beside him silently asked.

"Yeah, sure." She replied and nodded.

"Are you crying?" The guy tilted his head for a bit and asked, as he observed her.

"Ani, don't think too much." She answered.

She looked back to the front of the church. She knew that she chose the wrong timing. There, she witnessed them kissing, in front of her.

After the wedding was done, she quickly went out and decided to leave. She went to her favorite place, which was happened to be a shady tree in a park. She sighed and sat down, leaning her back against the tree.

She closed her eyes and decided to rest, before going back to her place.

"I knew that you're here." A guy panted, after a while she reached there.

"Stop following me again. We both knew that I don't have any feelings for you." She sighed and answered him, still with her eyes close.

"Can't I just be with you? I just want to protect you from everything. That's all." The guy replied and sat down beside her too.

"I told you that you could find a better one than me. Just leave me alone for now."

"How to leave you alone when I knew that you're hurt?"

"I'm not."

"After the both of them hurted you, making you heartbreak, I was always there for you. I can't stand seeing it again."

"I'm not anyone of yours, you understood that."

"You're my world, because you're the one who brought me back to the bright side."

"Please, just leave me alone. Will you?" She asked, with pleading.

"Hey." He called her and held her shoulders. She slowly opened her eyes and blinked it several times.

He looked into her eyes and asked, "Can't I stand a chance? Is there really no place for me in your heart again?"

She kept silent for a while.

"I'm sorry. I can't repay back what you'd done for me." She apologized and went away, leaving him behind the tree, all alone.

"I love you." The guy said. She stopped in her track. He went closer to her and turned her around to face him.

"Please, just remember that I'll always be there for you. no matter what will happen, I will always be by your side."