It was then that I looked at him, and Taehyung was staring back at me.

His hair was a mess of brown, falling in his soft and concerned eyes. Taehyung was sitting on his legs, making him taller than usual, his hands on his legs. His shirt was pulled down a little because of the way he was laying down, and it exposed his collar. He had a small frown on his face that didn't match his picture. I couldn't help but blush again.

"Hello? Seriously, want me to call Yoongi so you can spill?" He was still looking at me.

"I said it's nothing," I said simply. Taehyung sighed and nodded, knowing exactly how to push my buttons. It annoyed me but it also made my heart flutter that he cared.

He reached for his phone again, slowly, on purpose right in front of me. Knowing I was watching, he smirked at his phone and started texting again, but quicker.

Tae knows I'm needy, clingy, nosy. I knew what he was doing and looked away. I wasn't about to let him win this little unsaid game.

I saw Taehyung's eyes flick up to me quickly before looking down at his screen again and giggling. I could tell it was a forced giggle, and I know his phones not even on because the reflection on his face. Dark. But I decided to go with it to make him happy.

"Okay fine, I want to do something with you," I said, dramatically sighing while trying to hide my smile when he put his phone down immediately.

"Like what?" He stared at me with one of his smiles that resembled a box, and I couldn't hold back.

I pulled him in for a hug, "Don't know, any ideas?"

Taehyung hugged back like it was normal, leaning into it again while extending his legs between mine, making him lay down again.

"We could.. call Yoongi and Hobi-hyungs?"

"Tae, it's 1:30 AM, and I'm sure they're sleeping."

"Ah, right- we could share secrets?"

"You sound like a child"

"Sorry, sorry- hmm.. we could just lay like this then."

That suggestion made me smile. "That sounds nice," I said, and he nodded his head.

So we did exactly that.

—-

Jungkook P.O.V.-

I yawned. My smile already vanished as I stared at the screen in my lap.

-
KTH: soo what do u need help with?
JJK: *insert screenshot of worksheet*
JJK: im stuck 🥲
KTH: oh that's ez ✨
JJK: WTF HOW? smartie 😭
*read*
JJK: hello?
JJK: you good?
KTH: nah, it's not that hard tho-
JJK: then can u come over and help me? 👀
*typing*
*typing stops*
JJK: hello?
JJK: u don't have to- i was kidding ☹️
-

It's been 5 minutes.

I groan, leaning my head back and using my hands to wipe my face. I totally fucked up. I stared at my words and cringed. Why did I have to say that? It ruined my whole chance.

I closed my laptop, annoyed and upset with myself when my mom called me down for dinner.

I went downstairs with a straight face, sitting down. They both looked at me.

"What's up, honey? You okay?" Eomma asked, putting her fork down.

"Yeah it's just.." I wanted to lie, say homework troubles, but unlike a lot of people, my moms were- are- my best friends and they were looking at me all concerned so I sighed, "there's this guy.. I think I scared him off."

I looked away with a small amount of blush as Mom gasped.

"Aww, really?! Is he cute? How old? How long have you-" I heard Eomma hit her arm and Mom giggle. "Sorry hon, what's his name?"

I hesitated. "Kim Taehyung."

They both gushered and I felt my face get even more red.

"Okay, but I asked him to come over to help me with my homework, and he stopped typing. I think I said something wrong," I said, slightly hurt saying it out loud.

I was pouting without realizing when Mom reached over the table and booped my nose. I was always soft with them.

Eomma had short wavy thin hair that went up to her shoulders, almond eyes, very thick lips and a straight upturned nose. She was shorter than me by a little, but she was really pretty.

Mom on the other hand had long, straight dyed red hair with big eyes, a big nose, thin lips. She was about Eomma's height, and I was taller than both. They were opposites, but they were both beautiful, and even more so together.

"I'm sure everything will be fine. Maybe he was busy? You don't know what's happening on his side." She raised her eyebrows as her hand went over mine and I smiled a little.

"Right. Thank you, mom." She smiled back and kissed my hand.

"Okay okay enough boy problems, let's eat. I spent forever on this." Eomma said, making us laugh as we started eating.

—-

a/n:

kinda a fill in chapter but enjoy the taemin ✨

- me <3