Chapter 16

Chapter 16

It was almost eight in the morning and the gaang has been sleeping for hours. It was quiet around the house. They were all spread out, Zuko and Azula were of course in their bedrooms. Sokka and Suki somehow managed to sleep next to each other on the couch. Toph and Ty Lee laid on a recliner couch next to each other with their feet up. Aang was all alone in the guest room, or that's what it seemed like...

Aang's eyes started to slowly open as his ears started to twitch from a ruffling noise. He opened them and sat up quickly.

"Hello Aang." Came a familiar soft voice. Aang dropped back down once he realized who it was.

"Hey Yue." He said tiredly.

"Aang." Yue said seriously, but he was half asleep again. "Aang." She said again, tapping his shoulder.

"What what? I'm here, I'm awake..." Aang said tiredly.

"Aang please, I need to talk to you, now." Yue said shaking him to wake him up.

"Ok. Ok. I'm up." He said rubbing his eyes and sitting upright. "What? Did something else happen?" Aang asked barley awake.

"No, it's about last night and the lab. It has to do with the person we were trying to rescue." Yue said a little worried, which threw Aang off.

"Did something happen to them?" Aang asked a little concerned now.

"No, but I've recently found out something about her. She's a child, no older than five or six. She's like me and has abilities. She's very powerful, but she's still so young that she can't control her abilities. They continue to experiment on her to try an manipulate a way to control her abilities on command." Yue said with worried eyes looking at Aang.

"Wait? A child? They're experimenting on a child?" Aang said starting understand how messed up this was. Yue just looked at him. "You mean...they experiment on her like they did with you?" Aang asked getting a little upset and angry.

"I'm not sure what their procedures are, but I assuming something along the lines of what they were doing to me..." Yue said calmly now.

"This is really messed up..." Aang said quietly, taking it all in. "A...a kid? Experimenting on a kid? How can they do that..."

Aang was making connections with this little girl and his life. She's alone at a young age, he was alone at a young age. She has to be scared, because Aang was scared. She has to be so confused, because Aang had no clue what was going on at her age...

"They'll do whatever they can to get the upper hand. If that means manipulating the way people act and think, they'll do it...no matter the age." Yue explained.

They both sat quietly for a moment.

"So...you need my help..." Aang said finally.

"Yes Aang, just one last time..." Yue said looking at Aang and grabbing his hand.

"But after last night, I don't think I can show my face for like...ever." Aang said putting his head in his hands. "I mean, what I did was crazy, and I don't even remember it!" He said frustratingly.

"That is nothing to worry about Aang." Yue said calmly.

"Nothing to worry about?" Aang said confused. "How is this nothing to worry about! What I did was a crime...I...I..." Aang was saying, but he stopped. He couldn't utter the word.

"Stop it Aang. When you left last night, I left too. I went and took care of it. I did all I could to clear most of the evidence, but it was not easy." Yue said to Aang.