Chapter 14

Chapter 14

"Aang, what the hell happened?" Toph said stepping up to him.

"Please tell me you didn't...you didn't..." Katara said almost trembling.

"Stop Katara..." Sokka said calmly.

Aang was quiet, he was staring at the TV. Reading the words breaking news over and over again.

"Aang!" Azula shouted trying to snap him out of it. Aang looked like he was almost shaking. Processing what was being said on the TV, he was trying to remember what happened, but he can't remember much. He just remembers a gun being pressed to his back, then suddenly feeling dizzy.

"The...the guy had a gun pressed to my back. I just tried to...to get the gun away from him." Aang said quietly. "I...I can't remember what happened after that." He uttered.

Yue stepped up. "We were in the basement, searching for a lab that has another person in it..."

All the friends looked around at each other. "Of course there's another lab..." Sokka uttered, still thinking this is all Yue's fault.

"Yes, and there were three large men sitting in the hallway we were walking down. It was just the five of us." Yue explained. Toph turned the TV down and the gaang all had their eyes on Yue.

"...they approached us, saying we can't be here. Then one of them recognized me. I think word has gotten out that I've escaped." Yue said calmly.

"So what did they do? How is one of these guys...dead..." Toph asked worriedly.

"They tried to take Aang away. They pressed a gun against his back, but Aang didn't move." Yue continued. "He turned around in an instant and smacked the gun out of the way, which caused the gun to fire off."

"That must have been what we heard." Zuko said seriously.

"We thought it was a firework or something." Suki added.

Yue continued. "Aang was struggling with this guy while the other two came after me, but the man struggling with Aang pleaded for help. One of the men then turned to Aang and kicked him in the back of the legs, causing him to fall, then they struck him across the face with the gun..." Yue said looking at the cut on Aang's head. He was still quiet, still in shock from the breaking news.

"Jesus man." Sokka said feeling bad for Aang.

"But how did one of the men die?" Azula said raising her voice. She was getting frustrated.

"After Aang was hit. He got up and said something to the man with the gun. It seemed to anger him because he cocked the gun and pointed it right at Aang while he was down." Yue explained. "That's when I started using my ability's on the men coming after me. It distracted the guy pointing the gun at Aang. Aang jumped up and punched the guy in the stomach. He grabbed the gun, flipped it around and struck the man in the skull..." Yue explained calmly.

Aang's eyes widened.

"So that must be it then..." Azula said worriedly.

"No...no...I don't want to believe it!" Ty Lee cried out.

"Calm down!" Katara shot back. "It was an act of defense. The guy was going to kill Aang!"

"Yeah, only because she got him into this!" Sokka pointed out again angrily.

"But she also saved him!" Toph shouted out.

"No, no this is her fault." Zuko sneered almost clenching his fist.

"Shut up Zuzu! You have no idea what really happened down there! This is not her fault." Azula sneered stepping up to Zuko again.

The siblings stared each other down. Zuko was face to face with Azula and Sokka and Katara were glaring at each other. Finally Aang said something.