6

Christmas almost chirped its way onto my life

Christmas almost chirped its way onto my life. It had been 3 weeks, since the whole rooftop conversation. It had started to snow.

And it was cold as heck.

But I have never felt so warm my entire life.

I talked to my parents, and scheduled a visit. Bought gifts for the family and co-workers.

The office held a Christmas Party, it was splendid and heart-warming. But despite the comforting atmosphere, I couldn't seem to find the person I've wanted to talk to the whole evening.

I asked the people in his Department. They sadly told me that he had left early. I thanked them and focused my attention to the party.

And we finished up late.

It was nearing 12, when we decided to clean up.
When it hit me, I was nearing 12.

The time we had coffee. I told Yeona and the others that I'd be back.

They questioned me but I rushed my way out. I could've taken the elevator but it was basically crowded given how many of the employees now wanted to go home and enjoy their winter break.

So I took the stairs and made a run for it. I was panthing by the time I got there. I took a deep breathe. Hoping that he would be there.

That he would wait, like what he said.

And when I got out. I looked everywhere. Only for the snow-covered benches and whisky whispers of the chilly breeze welcome me.

I shook my head, and instead indulged at the sight of the city.

It was lively.

I closed my eyes and let the manifestations of lament seep through my system in hollowness when... I heard footsteps in the distance.

I froze.

"Funny to see you here." He tapped on my shoulder.