2

When we got out of the bus, I simply shrugged what happened and proceeded to walk inside the building

When we got out of the bus, I simply shrugged what happened and proceeded to walk inside the building. After we got inside, we both bid goodbye and went on our own ways.

I could hear the endless typing along with the evident stench of coffee brewing somewhere when I went towards my floor.

It was another bustling day. I wasted no time and immediately settled in. We had a project due, so we were fixated on the task.

I just couldn't help but think what could go wrong this time around?

***

I hadn't realized how late it was, when Yeona yawned begrudgingly.

"Just a few more revises." I told her in hopes of enlightening her. And it was true, we were hectic and we also pulled all nighters for this.

We've actually finished the papers, it just needs a few last touches.

I looked around, to find that only a few of us had remained. And it sunk to me how I basically went through the day just mostly staring at a screen.

I stood up, "I'll be back." I told Yeona, incase, she would be looking for me.

She barely looked my way and gave me a thumbs-up.

A gave her a small pat on the head before trudging my way to the rooftop.

It was serene, long gone were the rushing hours - only a few had been travelling. It looked nice. The vast sky had stars dabbed almost everywhere.

I exhaled and let the moment pass through me.

"Hmm, didn't thought you would be here."

I jolted in surprise at the sudden voice. I looked back to find Mark, yet again.

But this time, he was holding two cups of coffee.

"Hey," I trailed.

"I often come here. So it's a surprise to see you here."   

I awkwardly smiled. "Why's that so?"

"It's calming, and nice." He went to the available benches and sipped on his coffee.

I stared at the other cup, the one he put beside him. "Do you usually take two cups per night?"

He arched his brows before following my gaze. He let out a hearty chuckle. "No... that's for..."

He glanced at me with this look I couldn't decipher. "You."

"Why? Like you said I never come here. Why waste another cup waiting on nothing? The last time I was here, we were just starting out."

I looked at him, because he knew how I'd never really shed the time to go here.

He knew the ins and outs of my life. That's how close we were. So it never dawned to me how he could still come here waiting for me.

"Because I remembered, 3 years ago. When we first were starting here. I found you right at this spot." He tapped on the bench.

I didn't say anything.

"You were crying, I approached you. I asked you what was wrong, you told me that maybe this job wasn't for you."

I pursed my lips.

"I couldn't find the right words to console you. So I just handed the cup I had in my hands that time."

"And we sat in silence, it ended when you broke it off and said that that was nice."

"I gave you a pat on the back, you told me that we should have coffee sometime soon."

And he stood up, approached me. And whispered. "But it never happened."

p.s (posted this because it's mark's bday!)