Part 4 chapter 8

A few days later. June 2008

It has been an eventful few days. Tony and I have received a lot of press about the whole stark Industries, blowing up thing but you know what. It wasn't even that bad. We all survived, except Obadiah, and as much as I hate him, may he rest in piece.

"Iron Man. That's kind of catchy. It's got a nice ring to it." I walk over to grab the newspaper. "And his trusty sidekick, the tribrid. That hasn't got a ring to it, since it's exactly what I am, but, it will have to remain, since well that's what everyone is already calling me. But hey, at least you got a mask to cover your face. I don't exactly got one of them." Agent Coulson walks in and hands a letter to tony. "Here's your alibi." I look at him and stare into his eyes. "Im onto you Coulson, I really am." He nods. "Ok." I continue to stare into his eyes. "How's the man in stripes doing?" He sighs. "The same as last time you saw him." I nod and look away. "Okay then." He goes back to his conversation with tony. "You were on your yacht." "Ok." "We have port papers that put you in Avalon all night, and sworn statements from 50 of your guests." I look over at the tv and back at tony "see I was thinking maybe we should say it was just me, pepper and Madison. Alone on the island. He looks up at pepper and smiles. "Alright that's what happened." "Alright." "Just read it, word for word." He looks through the cards. "There's nothing about Stane here." He looks up at Coulson. "That's being handled. He's on vacation. Small aircraft have such a poor safety record." I roll my eyes. "So we just lie to the public? That's great." He looks over at me. "This Isn't my first rodeo. Trust me Mr stark." I chuckle. "I know this isn't your first rodeo." He sighs. "Just Stick to the official statement, and soon this will all be behind you. You've got 90 seconds." Pepper looks around and walks up to Coulson. "Oh agent Coulson. I just wanted to thank you very much for all your help." He smiles and nods. "That's what we do, you'll be hearing from us." I want to ask him about Natasha but it's not a very good time, or is ever a good time. So I leave it. "From the Strategic homeland...." He cuts her off. "Just call us shield." I smirk. "Finally, my name is catching on." "Right." She smiles and turns around to me. "Let's get this show on the road." I grab my jacket and stand up. "You know it's not actually that bad." I look over at tony. "Even, I don't think I'm iron man." She holds up his jacket and helps him put it on. "You're not iron man." "Am so." "You're not." "All right, suit yourself." I laugh. "I think you're iron man." He laugh. "Ha See, at least Someone thinks I'm iron man." I laugh. "You know, If I were iron man, I'd have this girlfriend who knew my true identity. Oh and partner in crime." I smile, they both totally like each other but they are fighting the feeling. "She'd be a wreck, cause she'd always be worrying that I was going to die, yet so proud of the man I'd become." I turn around and grab my purse. "She'd be wildly conflicted, which would only make her more crazy about me." I burst out into laughter. "Tell me when you hope out of your dream reality Mr. Stark." He smirks and rolls his eyes. Going back to his conversation. "Tell me you Never think about That might." I look at them confused but I shake my head, thinking to myself. 'I don't want to know' "what night?" "You know." "Are you talking about the night that we danced and went up on the roof." I look at them shocked. "I have to get out more and stop sitting at home watching Netflix." She continues her sentence. "And then you went downstairs to get me a drink, and you left me there, by myself." I start laughing again. "And here I thought you would have a happy ending." I keep laughing and walk towards the door. "Will that be all Mr. Stark?" "Yes that will be all, miss Potts." I look back at them. "Come on, you are slowing me down, I'm going to have to get you a mobility scooter, cause your acting like an old man. Come on." We walk out and I give him a thumbs up. "You got this. Mr. Stark." He nods.

"And now, Mr. Stark has prepared a statement. He will not be taking any questions. Thank you." I watch as Rhodey walks to the side of the stage and tony walks on. "It's been a while since I was in front of you. I figured I'll stick to the cards this time." A few people laugh. "There's been speculations that I was involved in the events that occurred on the freeway and the rooftop..." "I'm sorry, Mr. Stark, but do you honestly expect us to believe that, that was a bodyguard in a suit that conveniently appeared, despite the fact that you...." I've had enough of this bitch. "Yo Blondie, shut up and keep quite." I walk up to her and go down to her ear. "I don't think you want other people finding out how you get your information about things. So if I was you, I would keep quite, because there's a lot of people in this industry, and they wouldn't like to find out how you obtain information. Understood." She nods. "Good." I walk to the back of the room. "Look I knows it's confusing. It is one thing to question the official story, and another thing entirely to make wild accusations, or insinuate that I'm a superhero." She looks back at me and smirks. "I never said you were a superhero, and also your little friend back there, was seen on the premises, maybe she did it." I chuckle and roll my eyes. This psycho bitch. "I didn't? Well good because that would be outlandish and fantastic. I'm just not the hero type." I watch as tony is struggling. Can't be easy, with all this heat on his back, he's gonna get a burn if he doesn't watch out "clearly. With this laundry list of character defects, all the mistakes I've made, largely public." I see Rhodey lean into tony and whisper something. "Just stick to the cards, man." I thank myself for having vamp hearing. And me and Rhodey both know that Tony is not going to stick to the cards. It's tony freaking Stark we are talking about. "The truth is..." he looks at me and I smile and nod. This is going to be the beginning to a long future and I would always remember it.

"I am iron man."

A/N

And that is the end of part 4. Triple update. Wow go me. Also I love writing this book cause it gives me a chance to go back and rewatch all of the movies. Also did you hear about the beef with Disney and scarjo where she lost 50 million bucks, cause they premiered black widow on Disney+.

Also if you enjoyed this chapter please consider voting.

Thanks for reading <3