Part 14

(fanart by emqsart on DeviantArt)

Luca closed his eyes, and when he opened them he wasn't at the top of Alberto's tower.

It wasn't even night anymore.

It was day, and bright out at that.

They were in some sort of yellow field with long grass on either side of them, as they were on a path.

Luca was on the back, behind Alberto, and with one hand he reached to the back of the seat to look around.

The other hand remained firmly around the older's waist.

"Oh, Luca, look!" the latter gasped, looking off to the left side of them.

Luca followed his gaze and, at first, he didn't see anything, but then a familiar bike jumped out of the grass.

"Whoa!" Their exclamations conjoined as they admired the Vespas.

"Wild Vespas!" Luca cheered as one jumped over their heads and landed beside them.

More, about four more, joined the first one.

"Luca, take over!"

Alberto adjusted them both so he was in the back and Luca was in the front.

His hands quickly moved around so he was holding the handlebars, then his jaw unhinged as he realized he was driving it.

"Yeah, man!" Alberto chuckled, hands on his shoulders giving him a little shake. "Come on, faster!"

Luca obliged, then saw the brown wooden ramp before them.

It was like a lengthened version of the ramp he had held, then the turtle, and also darker.

They continued to whoop and cheer as they went up the ramp, then they broke off, flying up into the air.

And, which Luca realized, was the night sky which he saw earlier.

The Vespa now was just floating through the air along.

Big anchovies swam beside them, just like Alberto had said.

Luca giggled as he looked around, then looked forward to see a recognizable figure.

The offwhite-goldish big fish.

He gasped and reached out for it, feeling Alberto's hands leave his frame.

He touched one of the huge scales on the fish, and found that it was a rather odd-feeling surface.

It was mostly solid, but the first layer that Luca touched was jiggly and could be moved like it was half-liquid and half-solid.

Either way, it was an extraordinary experience.

"I'm doing it, Alberto!" he chirruped. "I'm doing it!"

But as he got no pleasure-inducing confirmation, he felt something was off and looked behind him.

His face morphed into complete horror and confusion as he saw that Alberto wasn't there anymore.

Wait wait wait, where could he be..?

Luca suddenly felt super alone and scared.

The only reason he was here, the only reason he did any of this, was because of Alberto.

He was like the seaweed to cling to when life was a current.

"Alberto?" he called out, bringing his hand back from the big fish.

Alberto was more important than the fish.

But as he heard something that sounded like a waterfall, he snapped his head back in terror to see the big fish turning into big droplets of water, which landed onto Luca and morphed him into a sea monster.

He whimpered as he saw himself, then cried out as the former gravity of floating vanished and he was left with falling.

Luca's head shot up as he woke up with a start.

"Oh, no!" he cried, looking once to Alberto and the night sky which had deepened in blue. "I fell asleep!"

He struggled to stand up, which was only a struggle since he had to unentangle himself from Alberto's arms and run.

He didn't even get to question why he was tightly snuggled up to the taller one.

The latter stirred from sleep to consciousness as he felt the warm figure of Luca gone.

He propped himself up on his elbow.

"Wha-?" he questioned, still half-asleep, but nobody to ask it to, due to Luca already being absent.