Part 6

(fanart by DorkyDoodle 🐠 on Twitter)

Back at the meadow with his herd, he found a round-ish rock and, with a thinner, sharper rock, carved eyes, a nose, and a toothy smile on it, as well as attaching seaweed.

He put it on an oval rock and his fish-herder near it, then turned to his fish.

"Okay, everyone. This is, uh, Smuca! Yeah! He's in charge now, got it?"

He nodded to his fish, then quickly swam up to the surface and paddled into the cove.

When he got there, he looked up out of the water and swam up right to the surface, inhaled, and grunted, then quickly swam back into the safer, deeper part of the cove.

C'mon, Luca. You can do it...

He swam back up but almost immediately swam back to the deeper part.

Come on, Luca... Keep trying...

Luca swam up and rapidly beat his tail, gritting his teeth, then with a sigh, decided he just couldn't do it and sank back down.

"Wow."

Luca yelped and whirled around, but to his relief, he saw the lavender sea monster, with the helmet in his hands with lots of different objects in it.

"That was hard to watch," the second creature snorted, then swam up to Luca. "Here."

He gave him a dark green-blue-ish bottle with barnacles on it, and a rusty can with an even rustier wrench inside it.

"Come on." He grinned and swam away.

Luca inhaled deeply, and poked his head out from under the water.

He saw the purple sea monster taking the helmet over, then dropping it and shaking himself off, into his land monster form.

Luca slowly swam toward the shore, making his feet connect with the ground as he stood.

But gravity was different in the human world, and the objects he was carrying were actually way heavier than they were in water, and he was immediately dragged down with their weight.

He narrowed his eyes and picked them up again, taking a few slow steps onto shore, before unfortunately falling, scattering the items around him.

He shook his head and raised himself to his hands and knees, but then noticed his scales retreating to make room for the peach skin.

His middle finger had also appeared to split into two, as he now had five fingers, instead of only having four as a sea monster.

Luca blinked and watched the scales be replaced with light orange-white-pink skin.

Then he looked back and noticed it happened to his legs already, his other arm was going through the process, and his tail had completely disappeared.

The spine on his back slid into his back as the scales kept disappearing.

Whoa...

As the scales vanished at his neck, his head-fins slid back into his head and were immediately restored by human ears in their place.

The blue hair-scales on his head pulled in, and soft brown hair curled out instead.

The scales across his face popped out of existence too, as well as his dark teal freckles.

It was, however, redeemed with dark brown freckles, just smaller.

His slit pupils rounded and his red irises turned amber, as well as his sclera turned from yellow to white.

The last dark brown curl rounded out and fell over his forehead.