Tasha thought back to the comments that had been made about Harris's PTSD at the briefing.

Suddenly, her chest felt tight. She felt like such a hypocrite for telling off the other staff members for mocking Harris's trauma. She had told them there was nothing to be ashamed of.

Yet here she was attempting to figure out a way to sweep the situation with Walsh under the rug because she was afraid she would feel ashamed if anyone found out.

Tasha clenched and unclenched her fists.

She groaned aloud. She had to get control of her thoughts, or she'd spiral right back to the floor of that cave.

The cave.

The smell of motor oil.

Tasha squatted down and squeezed her eyes shut as she tried to push the thought of that day from her mind.

"Over here!" one of the bandits called out.

She shook her head.

"This isn't real," she said aloud.

She heard her cat Speckle meow and brush up against her leg.

"What do we have here?" one of the men said slowly as he pushed against her shoulder.

She could hear them circling her.

"Looks like a drowned rat," another one said as he kicked her.

"Pretty cute for a drowned rat," the first one stated.

"You know it's dangerous to travel alone," the second one said in a low voice.

She could feel his breath against her ear.

"Maybe that's what she's looking for?" the third man laughed, inches from her face.

Tasha hissed as one of them grabbed the back of her neck.

What can I feel? Tasha asked as she attempted to calm herself down.

She stretched out her hand and felt the cold floor of the cave.

I know that's wrong. I know I'm in my quarters. She reminded herself.

She counted to four, inhaling and exhaling deeply as she felt the hand on her neck forcing her head to the floor.

These are your quarters. The same quarters you've had for two years. You're safe. You woke up here with Data this morning. Tasha tried to keep her thoughts laser focused. Just think about Data.

Without warning, the hand on her neck disappeared.

Tasha released the breath she'd been holding and opened her eyes.

She was lying facedown on the carpet in the main room of her quarters. From this angle she could see her door and the base of the replicator.

She was covered in a cold sweat. Tasha wiped her face with her sleeve and crawled up to her feet.

She needed a shower.

Yeah. That's perfect. She said to soothe herself – wash away the sweat and grime and memories.

A moment later, she stepped into her shower and felt a wave of relief as the water hit her skin.

Tasha let her back hit the cool tile of the wall and closed her eyes.

She slid down along the wall until she hit the floor.

Tasha pulled her knees up to her chest, rested her chin on them, and let herself dissociate from the universe.