𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞

Start from the beginning

When she nods, he opens up the umbrella and covers the both of them as they walked inside the empty yard, all the plants in the pots had long died along it's original owner two weeks ago.

She smiles at Sunghoon, "For a stranger, you're too kind and you've already done a lot to me when I just met you...", she remarks sheepishly and he only chuckles at her comment.

"Let's just say a close person who left me had once been too kind for his own good"

With this statement, Mi-sun face dropped, as it looks like she had a touched a sensitive topic and that she will ulmately need to face the monster of her life. As much as her aunt is probably the left family of hers, hating her is so easy, not when since she and her brother lived with her, she practically controlled their lives, living off in the insurance of their parents.

As they stand by the front door, Mi-sun tells Sunghoon quietly that he should went back to his car next while she packs her belongings as fast as she could and he agreed.

Before she enters inside, Mi-sun takes a deep breath and walks in to her family's home. She stops in her tracks almost immediately and sees the younger sister of her decease father with a new man cuddled up on the couch. For their age of 30's, she found it too disgusting as the man slowly sucks on her aunt's neck.

She takes a deep breath in again, holding in all the emotions she was carrying as she walked into her room and began packing, although her eyes keeps wandering to the last stuff of her brother that was staying forever untouched in his bed. One of those is an old photo frame of their whole family.

She heard the giggles and mewls from the living room. As she quickly packs, in hopes of making it faster to Sunghoon, her aunt walks in and stands by the door.

"What are you doing in my house?", she demands, and Mi-sun holds back the fact, it was supposed to be hers. It's her father's property, after all.

Mi-sun refuses to look behind her, knowing that if she does, she'd be scared. She continues to pack her clothes into her bag.

"You're even brave to bring a boy outside the door", her aunt remarked, and she freezes.

She turnd around and looks at her straight in the eye, "He's my friend"

Aunt Moyoung scoffs, "A friend? I know all your friends and there's never a guy friend. Just tell me the truth of him bedding you now"

This time, it was Mi-sun's turn to scoff, "Never ever compare me to someone like you. The one who's slut in this room is you, Auntie", she zips up her bag and picks up the photo frame from her brother's bed before she head for the door.

"Minseok would be disappointed of you", Moyoung said, making her stop and her blood boil.

"You don't know him like I do because you only cared about the money that was supposed to be ours", she tries to say bravely.

"You little bitch", Moyoung grits her teeth in anger before turning around, and storming in the front door, "Hey, pretty face!", she calls outside, making Mi-sun's heart began to pound in fear.

Sunghoon who was looking at the time in his phone, glance up and looks at her aunt, clearly confused.

"How long have you been seeing this little whore?", she asks, and Mi-sun feels like she's ready to faint any second.

Sunghoon, on the other hand, feels his blood boil at the remarks about her, "What did you just say -"

Aunt Moyoung rolls her eyes and walks closer to him, "If you want her, you can have her all you want, just pay me up", and before she could get any closer, Mi-sun holds her back behind.

"Don't you dare touch him", she warns her and Moyoung slaps her hand away in anger.

"Leave, you bitch. Just suck his d*ck and move on to other men, you'll earn money that way", she snidely remarks, and Mi-sun felt so shocked by the harsh words that she presses her lips together to hold back tears.

Being extremely upset by the words, she walked past her aunt and past Sunghoon with tears.

Sunghoon looks at Moyoung one more time, "I hope you receive all the karma in the world for that", he spats and follows after the broken soul.

Mi-sun was already taking off, running as fast as she could. She runs into the rain aimlessly as it only got stronger, as if what she was feeling inside is what they described. Once she reached the certain playground where she used to wait for her brother, she throws her bag and the photo frame.

As soon as she saw the frame broke in two, she falls onto her knees, all the emotions she had been withholding inside poured out and a wail escaped from the depths of her despair.

She sobs as she picked up the photo, seeing the part where she looks so happy with her family until she feels someone stop by her side, an umbrella stopping the rain from dropping on her. She looks up to see Sunghoon who's looking down in concern, which only breaks her down farther.

Sunghoon kneels down in front of her and push the umbrella aside, letting the two of them be drenched completely. He pulls her into his arms and allows her to cry in his chest for the second time that day.

As she sobs like a child pouring out all her pain to him, he murmured softly into her ear, "It's going to be okay in the end. If it's not okay, it's not the end"

And she could do nothing, but believe his words. The words that did nothing, but comfort her just like Sunghoon's presence did.

───※ ·❆· ※───

I need a Sunghoon like this in my life.