chapter twenty-five

simple things were what made armin smile whenever vanya was near. her little grin that would top out and the little indent of a dimple each time that she discovered something amusing. the tint of her eyes were precisely the same and each and every time that she would look at him straightforwardly without flinching he felt himself losing all sense of direction in without acknowledgment.

it was the little things that hurt the most, there were things that armin would get on that at different occasions he proved unable.

like how she would squint her eyes when you discovered something terrible, when she was nervous she would at time shift her right foot side to side. when she would stay with him after the he would have an awful bad dream about his girlfried vanishing, he would see the way she would mumble delicate things into the his hair after he would pass out once more, and the way she would tenderly coast her finger all over his cheek.

it was the little things that hurt the most when armin didn't get a proper goodbye. set up two of them, next to each other, and there's nothing that could stop them, however does it also count if it's just him and the shadow she left behind?

the moon split in half and the stars disintegrated, falling like firecrackers into ocean. armin watched his reality fall apart the day she left him.

thanks for reading