Val unclicked her seatbelt and glanced over at him. "Oh come on." She teased, giving him a little shove, "I've met your mom. It'll be fine."

"Yup. It'll be totally fine." He said with a high pitched voice.

Val playfully rolled her eyes as she pulled herself out of the car. Ranboo followed her to the front door.

"Hey mom!" Val shouted through the house as they entered the foyer. They both took off their shoes before heading into the kitchen.

"Hey hon- oh!" Her mom paused upon seeing Ranboo. Val didn't know if it was because she didn't expect it, because he was a boy, or because he was really fucking tall.

"Who's this friend you have here?" She asked.

"Mom, this is my friend, Noah." Val said cautiously, "He's gonna be helping me set up that PC that I got recently, is that okay?"

"Oh of course." Her mom smiled.

"Nice to meet you, Mrs. Grayson." Ranboo sent a small nod her way. Val nearly laughed at how formal he was being.

"Oh please, call me Kathy." She chuckled, "No one's called me Mrs. Grayson since my wedding."

"Okay, we're going upstairs now." Val cut in, wanting to make the interaction short and sweet. Ranboo's body language wasn't hard to tell and from what Val could see, he was nearly shitting his pants.

She grabbed his arm and started pulling him towards the stairs.

"Keep the door open!" Her mom shouted at them as they got to the top of the stairwell.

"I'm asexual!" Val shouted back in the same exact tone before shutting her bedroom door behind them, not letting her mom get another word in.

"Asexual?" Ranboo questioned as he tossed his bag onto the bed.

"Basically means I don't like sex." Val explained it vaguely before opening her closet and beginning to pull out all of the equipment for the PC. Ranboo quickly began helping her.

"I didn't know you were in the community." Ranboo said cheerfully. Val really loved how excepting he was.

"Yeah. Panromantic and Asexual."

"Okay I am so sorry I keep asking you about this stuff but what in the world is Panromantic?" He chuckled a bit, feeling sorta uneducated even though he tried his best to be.

Val chuckled along with him, "It's basically Pansexual but without the sex part."

"Ohhhh." He hummed, "I get it now."

"Good." She giggled as she finished pulling everything out, "So, this is it."

"Ah, this takes me back to when I got my first PC setup." Ranboo seemed to get a sense of deja vu as he rested his hands on his hips and examined the materials.

"Alright well let's get started so you have time to stream and then get at least a good night of sleep." Val beamed, nudging him slightly.

"Oh right." Ranboo shook his head, beginning to get to work.

Val sighed, plopping down on her bed, "I don't really know what I'm doing so whatever you need help with, tell me."

"Well," Ranboo huffed as he started unboxing the keyboard, "you can start by helping me take everything out of boxes. Put the PC's gently on the bed and everything else can be scattered over here." He pointed by her doorway.

"Aye aye captain." Val jokingly chirped, saluting him with her right hand and using her left hand to help herself off her bed.

Ranboo shook his head and chuckled at her idiocy.

Dear Diary,

i can never fathom why ranboo is so nice to me... like why tf is he helping me with my pc? no clue. but am i complaining? no.

not only am i going to get a good setup out of this, but i'm also gonna get more quality time with him. :)