𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐈: 𝐀𝐜𝐭 𝐈 - 𝐌𝐮𝐫𝐝𝐞𝐫 𝐨𝐧 𝐃 𝐒𝐭𝐫𝐞𝐞𝐭

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐈: 𝐀𝐜𝐭 𝐈
𝐌𝐮𝐫𝐝𝐞𝐫 𝐨𝐧 𝐃 𝐒𝐭𝐫𝐞𝐞𝐭

𝐖𝐨𝐫𝐝 𝐂𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐭: 𝟔,𝟏𝟖𝟔
𝐒𝐭𝐚𝐭𝐮𝐬: 𝐄𝐝𝐢𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐚𝐬 𝐨𝐟 𝟓/𝟏𝟑/𝟐𝟎𝟐𝟒

╭⋟────────────────────────╮
✦✧✦✧
╰────────────────────────⋞╯

"Hey, I'm back—oh," [Name], who had only just returned to the agency, was met with the most welcoming of sights upon opening the door: an office that looked as if it had been ravaged by a tornado, leaving behind broken remnants of what used to be a composed and organized place of work. "I see the worst case scenario really did come to pass," she observed, holding on to a small plastic bag that contained the snacks that the one-and-only Ranpo had asked her to buy.

     "[Name]! You're back! Sure did!" Kenji replied with a wave. His completely unbothered smile would have made anyone else feel unnerved, had they seen how he dealt with the invading members of the Port Mafia only moments earlier. But to those in the agency, his unwavering positivity was a source of stability of sorts.

     "No need to worry, love, we already took care of it." The agency's resident doctor yawned, waving tiredly back at her. Raids were so bothersome; she could have used that time to do anything else, but no! They just had to barge in and cause a ruckus—those inconsiderate jerks...

     [Name] sighed. "Well, I suppose what happened, happened." With a shrug, she turned to look at her errand employer. "Anyways, Ranpo, here. I got your snacks." She hadn't even extended her hand fully before the bag was snatched out of her hands by a grinning Ranpo.

     "Oo! Gimme!" Looking through the contents of the bag, [Name] couldn't help but chuckle as he gave a satisfied nod. "Good, you didn't leave anything out! This is why you're my favorite errand girl. Sigh, you're the only one I can trust to get exactly what I want," he spoke wistfully, practically diving to wrap his arms around her waist with a face full of dramatized disappointment.

     "Ha, well, I live to serve," she joked while patting his head before making her way over to Atsushi, who was in the midst of organizing some of the fallen binders containing various documents. Crouching down next to him, [Name] began gathering some of the shards of broken glass and debris with a small dustpan. "Here, I'll help you. Sorry I couldn't be around when this happened."

     Small pangs of guilt poked at Atsushi, and he looked down, not wanting [Name] to see his conflicted expression. This all happened because of me, anyways... [Name] shouldn't trouble herself over it, he thought. Unfortunately, he was unable to say what he was thinking. "O—Oh, okay. Thank you..."

     The childish detective, who had been satisfied after receiving the snacks he had been craving so much, had sat himself on top of his desk, holding an empty bottle of Ramune above his head and inspecting it. "Hey, Haruno-chi," he called, holding out the bottle to said office worker. "A challenge for you. Do you think you can take the marble out of this bottle?"

     She hummed before accepting the bottle with a nod. "I think I can do that."

     Atsushi felt his eyebrow twitch as he watched the interaction. "Marble, really?" he deadpanned. Was now really the time to be wondering over a marble when they had an office to clean? Not to mention it was because of an attack...

     It only took Haruno a few moments before she came back with the marble, now free from its glass prison. "Is this what you wanted?"

     Ranpo gladly took the shiny, round object, marveling at it while holding it up to the sunlight that filtered through the window behind him. "Mhm, marbles are lovely, aren't they?"