𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐈: 𝐏𝐫𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞 - 𝐀 𝐂𝐞𝐫𝐭𝐚𝐢𝐧 𝐁𝐨𝐦𝐛

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐈: 𝐏𝐫𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞
𝐀 𝐂𝐞𝐫𝐭𝐚𝐢𝐧 𝐁𝐨𝐦𝐛

𝐖𝐨𝐫𝐝 𝐂𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐭: 𝟒,𝟗𝟎𝟖
𝐒𝐭𝐚𝐭𝐮𝐬: 𝐄𝐝𝐢𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐚𝐬 𝐨𝐟 𝟓/𝟏𝟎/𝟐𝟎𝟐𝟒

╭⋟────────────────────────╮
✦✧✦✧
╰────────────────────────⋞╯

"Good morning, [Name]~!"

     "Not interested." [Name] was quick to hang up the phone, not even bothering to listen to whatever Dazai had to say. She had a pretty good idea of what he was going to ask anyway. He had been calling up the other agency members one-by-one, pleading frantically for help because he was "on the verge of death," to which they all gave some witty response before hanging up on him.

     [Name] figured he would call Atsushi next (last), dub him his only hope, and then proceed to take advantage of his naivety in order to bring him along to the agency—and Atsushi would 100% fall for it. Which was fine by her, since she and Kunikida were just about to head out to retrieve him. Besides, Atsushi might as well start getting used to Dazai's antics.

     In any case, he was to become part of the Armed Detective Agency, and every member had to pass a test in order to be officially instated—so that was the plan today: administer Atsushi's entrance exam.

     With perfect timing, Kunikida appeared, notebook in hand. "Are you ready to go?" he asked, pushing up his glasses whilst doing a last minute inspection of his trusty schedule. Once he seemed satisfied, he looked back up to [Name] expectantly.

     In truth, [Name] was quite eager to set off, rather curious as to how things would play out. And with a small smile, she pushed herself off of the wall she had been leaning up against, striding forward with a nod. "Yeah."

     ...Now they just had to hope Dazai hadn't wandered off too far with Atsushi.

*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:

"I'VE BEEN LOOKING EVERYWHERE FOR YOU, DAZAI!!" Spotting their troublemaking colleague, Kunikida furiously stomped up to him, [Name] following quietly in tow. "You bandage squandering machine!!!"

     And so it begins.

     Dazai wasted no time becoming overly dramatic, groaning while covering his eyes and stumbling back as if acting out a scene in a play where the main character is stabbed by their best friend in an epic betrayal. "Oh you, Kunikida!" He seemed rather intent on annoying Kunikida today, switching to speak in a deep voice that was clearly meant to elicit a reaction from him. "Why couldn't you have come up with a better nickname?"

     It worked.

     Kunikida scoffed incredulously. "Because you're delusional! You think you're the most trusted member at the agency?? You get more complaints than anyone else! People curse you out on a regular basis!" Honestly, this guy! Whether it be complaints from clients, fellow coworkers, or regular civilians who had nothing to do with the agency—it was like none of them existed in the suicidal bastard's mind! He simply ignored them all, and it really pissed Kunikida off.

     Dazai put his hands on his hips, seemingly annoyed that the blond would try and refute his claim to be the agency's most trusted member. It was as if he truly believed that people complaining about him was unfathomable. "Whaaat? No way! Since when did I ever get a complaint?"