𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐈: 𝐏𝐫𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞 - 𝐅𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐮𝐧𝐞 𝐈𝐬 𝐔𝐧𝐩𝐫𝐞𝐝𝐢𝐜𝐭𝐚𝐛𝐥𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐌𝐮𝐭𝐚𝐛𝐥𝐞

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐈: 𝐏𝐫𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞
𝐅𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐮𝐧𝐞 𝐈𝐬 𝐔𝐧𝐩𝐫𝐞𝐝𝐢𝐜𝐭𝐚𝐛𝐥𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐌𝐮𝐭𝐚𝐛𝐥𝐞

𝐖𝐨𝐫𝐝 𝐂𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐭: 𝟔,𝟑𝟔𝟑
𝐒𝐭𝐚𝐭𝐮𝐬: 𝐄𝐝𝐢𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐚𝐬 𝐨𝐟 𝟓/𝟗/𝟐𝟎𝟐𝟒

╭⋟────────────────────────╮
✦✧✦✧
╰────────────────────────⋞╯

Black.

     The only thing surrounding the scene was a pitch black, empty darkness.

     It's cold...

     Ah, how lonely.

     "_______, don't worry."

     As if answering a prayer, a warm light overtook the darkness, vanquishing that which was previously lurkinginching ever so closer, eagerly awaiting to swallow its prey whole.

     "It's okay now."

     It's... bright. Like a warm embrace enveloping my very soul. I feel so peaceful, the dreamer thought.

     A woman dressed in white—a short kimono painted with outlines of gold butterflies. Her hair was just as white, and the tips seemed to glow an even brighter shade of the same color, if that was even possible. Resting gently atop the right side of her head was a type of lily flower—one which he had never seen before. Five white inner petals gently held up by a set of five blue outer petals to form the corolla; and underneath them were five outward protruding sepals shaded a light purple color. 

     She was smiling down at him, but he could not see her eyes—it was as if they had been shadowed out. Even so, the aura surrounding her almost delicate appearance radiated power, the gentle yet fierce glow that seemed to pulsate behind her screaming divinity.

     Yet the boy felt neither afraid nor intimidated in front of this woman. "...Who are you?" he asked.

     The voice that replied was melodicgentle as the spring breeze—like the sound of a mother singing sweet lullabies to her child. "You needn't worry about that now." 

     But the tender smile she once wore vanished, replaced by a frown. "...I came here to tell you something." She took a small breath. "Please, listen to me—no matter what happens, you mustn't give up hope. The day will soon come when you feel you have nothing leftbut this is only the beginning of your journey.

     Though lost you may be, you need only to look forward to be found. So take heart, and reach for the hand that is extended unto you. But know that your hardship will most certainly not reach its end. Even so, you must keep fighting... Because only in overcoming these trials and tribulations can you become strong enough."

     He didn't understand. Fighting? Fighting for what? To become strong... Why him? Strong enough for what? He had so many questions, yet he could not seem to bring himself to ask them.

     Though her eyes were not visible, he could see the sadness in her expression—feel her desperation. "Strong enough to save everyone... You must. I know you can do it. Then, maybe one day... you can save me, too..."