EPILOGUE

EPILOGUE.

THERE WILL NOT BE ANOTHER BOOK.

MENTIONS OF PREVIOUS CHAPTER

I'M SORRY :)

YAGA turned to look at the male. Gojo was standing in front of the church, watching the two sorcerers carry the cot out, blood staining the white sheet that covered your body. He was numb at this point. 

“The gun belonged to her father,” Yaga said quietly. “The church was the one her mother went to.”

“I know,” He whispered, his voice cracking. Yaga sighed, handing him a small slip of paper. 

“These were found in her pockets. There’s another one adressed to Shoko. This one's for you,” He said. 

“What does it say?”

“She specifically wrote it for you, Satoru,” The man said, rubbing his shoulder. “I’m not going to read it. It’s for you.”

The blue-eyed male watched as he walked away. Slowly, he looked at the paper in his hands. Gathering the last of his courage, he unfolded it with a shaky grip.

As he read it, he could hear her voice saying it. 

Dear Cat-eyes,
    I can’t exactly say that I’m sorry for what I’ve done. Everyone knew that this would be the outcome. The only person I’ve ever loved got himself killed. I couldn’t live by myself, even if I really did try. There was just something about Sugar that really got you attached, right? 

    I wanted to apologize to you. Geto Suguru was your best friend before I ever knew him. The two of you were close when I was first introduced. I couldn’t even imagine what it was like to have to take his life. And I’m so fucking sorry you even had to do that. There’s just no way I could ever express the remorse I have for you. I don’t even have the courage to tell you that in person.

    I’m sorry that you had to see what you did. I can’t say exactly how it would have gone, seeing as this is being written before you arrive. I can only imagine the sorrow you must feel. It’s why I don’t want to add to it. You should never have been drug into this. This was our mess; something we both did on our own accounts. So I think we should have handled it on our own. 

    Suicide is cowardly. I know. And I’m a fucking scaredy-cat, so it fits right in, doesn’t it? Look, I’m really sorry. You were my friend. You were Suguru’s friend. And we both betrayed you. But there’s nothing I can do or say that will ever make it up to you. So just know that this is what I wanted. I brought this on myself. And I solved it myself. 

    Don’t ever blame yourself for what’s happened today. None of this was your fault. No one will ever blame you for our deaths. 

    Suguru really did care for you, you know. He was selfish when he left your side...but he didn’t do it to be a dick. He did it because he never wanted to hurt you. He knew that if he did stay, you’d only get caught in the crossfire. When he said goodbye to you, it was the first time I’d seen him cry. Like, really cry. 

    We never meant to hurt you. We just...wanted something different. And what we wanted didn’t happen. But--who knows! Maybe one day, Suguru, you and I will be together again, and we’ll all go to Okinawa again! Who am I kidding, that’ll never happen. But, it’s nice to imagine, isn’t it?