00. SADNESS

[BEST ENJOYED IN DARK MODE]

[I KNOW I SAID 10 JULY 2021 BUT I GOT TOO IMPATIENT]

[THIS BOOK IS ONLY FOR 16+]

[VIEWER DISCRETION IS ADVISED]

00. I THINK I'D DIE OF SADNESS

DEATH LURKS IN EVERY doorway with hell residing at one dark window.

Wandering aimlessly through the halls, you sought any form of distraction to avoid the inevitable. His steps were nearing, making you raise your gaze from the dark flooring. His onyx eyes gleamed at your figure, and he flicked his gaze around as he wiped his hands on a cloth.

You heard them for what felt like hours. But in reality, it's only been for a split second. They disobeyed him, and it resulted in their demise. It's just how he was. If you disobeyed him, you were punished.

He stopped in front of you, tucking the cloth in the back pocket of his jeans. He rolled his gaze over you, frowning as he rolled his sleeves up to his elbows. He placed a hand on your cheek, his thumb grazing the droplet of blood on your cheek.

"Are you ready?"

You gave a single nod. He placed a hand on your lower back, motioning for you to walk forward. The two people at the front doors trembled, eyes wide as they laid eyes on the two of you. They were fearful, dropping to their knees before you. Your steps paused.

"W-We promise n-not to di-disobey you, Geto-sama!" They cried, bodies racking with sobs.

"It seems you two are the only ones who understand," The man beside you said. "Stand up."

They followed after you as Geto led you away. They were three steps behind, gazes trained to the floor, just like obedient little monkeys. That's all they were to him. It's all anyone was to him.

Oh, but not you. No, no, you were so much more than those pesky little humans. You were so much higher than them. You were his queen, not like those little pawns around him. He wouldn't ever dare call you a monkey, like the rest of them. You were a goddess compared to them.

"Is there something bothering you, sunshine?" He asks, his hands cupping your shoulders as he stepped behind you. The sun pouring in from the open door was warm on his face, and he unconsciously released a breath at your presence.

Your hand reached up and grabbed his. "No, I'm okay."

"You didn't sleep much last night," He said, his face in the crook of your neck. "Do you want to rest for a while?"

While it was true you were restless, you weren't tired. So you declined. He sighed, his hands moving to wrap around your small waist. He frowned.

"Have you been eating while I'm gone, Y/n?" He asked softly.

"Yeah,"

You were lying. You both knew it. You didn't touch anything unless he was watching you, making sure you were eating it. He could just tell by touching you.

"How are you feeling today?" He asked, kissing your neck gently.

"Fine. Why do you ask?"

"No reason," He said.

You fell into silence. You were breathing softly, quietly, gaze focused on the pond outside. He brought you closer to him, his humming filling the air, breaking the silence. You giggled quietly, the vibrations from his throat making you shiver. He smiled.