Camping Trip With The Pack

You were leaning on your windowsill in your front room, waiting for your best friends to arrive. You were going camping for the weekend with Stiles, Lydia, Scott, Allison and Liam. Stiles and Lydia had been dating for a year, along with Scott and Allison. You and Liam have been best friends for as long as you can remember but recently, you've been feeling a little more than just friendly feelings towards him. You'd love if he felt the same but there's no way. You wouldn't want to ruin the friendship you have with him anyways.

You were pulled out of your thoughts by your phone buzzing. It was a message from Lydia.

Lydia: Hey y/n, we'll be there in 5. Sorry we're so late, Stiles of course decided to pack at the last minute.🙄 Scott and Allison are going in Scott's car but we're taking Liam with us 😉

You giggled to yourself and felt your cheeks blush. Lydia and Allison are catching on to my feelings for Liam and keep teasing me about it but there's no way I'm admitting it because that would just make things worse.

Y/n: Okay no problem Lydia see you soon!😂

You put your phone into your pocket and went back to looking out the window.

A couple minutes later, you could see Stiles's signature blue jeep driving down the road. You quickly picked up your bag and said bye to your Mom. As you opened your front door, you could hear Stiles honking his horn from outside.

You walked down your driveway rolling your eyes and laughing. You could already hear Lydia giving out to him. When you got to the car, Lydia apologised out her window while Stiles laughed and winked at you. "Stiles you're literally the one to blame for us being late so shut up" I giggled, hopping into the back seat of the car next to Liam. "Hey y/n" he said, giving me a small smile. "Hi  Liam" I smiled back.

As Stiles drove off, I relaxed back into my seat. "So how far away is the camping sight?" I asked. "Uh about two and a half hours" replied Stiles. Liam and I shared a disapproving look.

A few minutes later, Stiles glanced back at Liam and I. "Oh you know what, I completely forgot to put the booster seats in for you two" he said with a smirk. Liam and I both rolled our eyes at him. He and Scott were always slagging us calling us babies just because we're two years younger than the rest of them. We're 16 and they're all turning 18. "You're hilarious" said Liam sarcastically which made me giggle.

For the rest of the journey, we listened to music as Liam and I chatted. We were so happy to finally be on our summer holidays.

- - -

We eventually got there and met up with Scott and Allison. "Sorry were late, y/n took ages to get out of her house" Stiles said, ruffling my hair. I gave him a "are you serious?" look as Lydia explained what actually happened. "Dude you were literally packing last night when I called you" said Scott. "Eh yeah well that was a lie" Stiles said proudly and went to get the tents from the trunk.

"So uh, do you know what we're supposed to do?" I asked as we walked through the camp sight. It was full of tall trees and grass. It was more like a forest. There were tents scattered all over the place. "I think we just have to look for a place to set up camp I guess" said Scott looking around. "We should go somewhere relatively far away from everyone else" said Allison. We found a spot in between some bushes and trees. It was kind of sheltered off from everywhere else.

"So what are the sleeping arrangements?" asked Liam. "That, we did not think about" replied Scott. "Well we've got 3 tents so I presume in twos?" asked Stiles. "Yeah" said Lydia.

We looked around at each other awkwardly. 

Am I gonna end up sharing with Liam? 

Scott cleared his throat and said "Well I could go with Allison and Stiles with Lydia and..." he looked hesitantly at Liam and I. "Eh- I-" I mumbled, looking  from Liam to the group with wide eyes, flustered. "I- I'm cool with that I guess" Liam said, looking at the floor, scratching the back of his neck. "Yeah me too" I finally managed to form a coherent sentence and mentally cursed myself for making that so awkward.