Chapter 11

Simon led me to Negan's room. The Savior's home was exactly what I expected. The fences were crawling with walkers. Seemingly for protection from more walkers. Kind of smart. One wrong move and they'd have a problem. Simon pushed me through Negan's door. I paused, staring at all the women. Each one dressed in a black dress and high heels. What the hell? Simon checked my hand cuffs and tightened them.

"Don't try anything. Negan will come speak to you when he gets back." Simon closed the door as he left.

I scanned back over the women. All of them looked at me as though I was wild. I probably looked wild. I found a spot against the wall and slid down against it. I wanted to run, to leave. If I did he'd kill more of my family. I wasn't going to let that happen as long as I Lived. The women had broken off into small groups and were whispering to each other. I was going to wait a while. One of Negan's tests. He would take longer and see if I had a double motive. If I was going to escape.

I was exhausted. Last night no one got any sleep, and probably would be plagued by nightmares if they did sleep. I rested my head on my knees. I probably wouldn't be able to get any sleep later. Negan would use it to break me. These women wouldn't hurt me. No one would dare to hurt me. Not without Negan's say so. A part of that made me feel safe. Another part made me feel as though one wrong move and I'd have a ton of people out for my blood.

I felt a hand rest on my shoulder and I looked up quickly. I knew it couldn't be Negan. There was no way he would've done that. He at least would've yelled at me. I came face to face with one of the women. Her face was soft as she looked at me. She looked broken almost as if she was ready to give up, but she looked unwilling to give in. To want to show someone that this wasn't going to break her. Whatever this was. I stayed silent as she scanned the blood on my clothes.

"I'm Sherry."

I glanced over her. Clean clothes. Expensive clothes and high heels. What kind of idiot would wear high heels in a time like this? Where she could have to fight any minute. I kept my mouth shut. She may have only approached me out of the goodness of her heart, but I couldn't fall into a trap set by Negan. I could put my family in danger.

"It's okay you don't have to talk. Most of us didn't speak in the beginning either. We all processed what Negan asked of us differently."

What the hell was she talking about? Were these women trapped by Negan? Was he forcing them to do something for him? My curiosity won the better of me as I spoke softly.

"What?"

Sherry looked at me confused. Almost as if I should know what she was talking about. Then it looked like it hit her.

"You're new aren't you?" I nodded yes. "He hasn't asked you to be one of us yet?"

I shook my head no. One of what? Were they some sort of elite part of his compound? Did they just mask what they truly did for him, with fancy dresses and heels. I raised my eyebrow as if to ask about who they are.

"We're Negan's wives. He must've planned to give you a deal. Like marry me and you get whatever you need."

Wives. Plural. What the fuck? I scanned the room and there had to be at least 7 of them. 7 women. 7 wives. 7 stepmothers. My stomach churned. These women couldn't be much older than me and were my stepmothers. I shook my head as a small laugh escaped my lips. Great. Just great. He named his weapon he used to kill after my mother. Then he decided to have 7 wives. Not like he hadn't had 7 relationships going at once before. Sherry thought he wanted to marry me too. That's so messed up. Negan had his morals, believe it or not. Marrying his daughter, one-hundred percent went against that.

I looked back at Sherry. The things he must've done to make her marry him. To make them all marry him. I pitied her. Almost as much as I pitied my mother. I shook my head and looked her in the eyes. Before I could say anything the door flung open. There he was. Sherry backed away from me quickly, before he could notice.