Eighteen

Once Regulus was removed from the bind, he and James walked tho the chilly hallways of the castle. Anyone that passed the pair could notice the awkward tension he held.

"So how did you hide most of the day," James asked trying to diffuse the tension.

"Magic." the teen said making jazz hands. James cracked a small smile on his lips.

"You are like him, you know."

"Who?" Regulus asked.

"Your uncle, I knew him before I got with lily." The Potter lord said chuckling nervously. Regulus just raised his eyebrows.

The two carried on in pure silence, the sound of their shoes was relaxing to forget their worries.

"Cauldron Cakes," James said, the gryphon statue on Dumbledores office opened up revealing a staircase.

Just as the green-eyed teen raised a hand Dumbledore told him to come in.

"Mr Potter, Black, take a seat."

In the room, the rest of the potter family were seated.

"Now we waited, I invited a person to join us," Dumbledore said, slipping a lemon sherbert in his mouth.

About a minute later the green fires roared and out came a bundle of robes.

"Ahh, what did I miss."

"Mr Black welcome to take a seat."

Regulus looked up from the floor to see his father, his day instantly brightening.

"Hello, Child," Sirius said ruffling his hair laughing. Regulus batted his hand away. As he looked at James, he noticed the longing look on his face.

"Well, then I can guess what you are here for," Dumbledore asked and was followed by a head nodding. "You need to tell the truth and the truth only." His grandfatherly voice reached the ears of the two families.

"Didn't know we are at court," Regulus whispered to his father. Choking back a laugh, Sirius kept a straight face looking at the old man the stood behind his desk.

"As the Ministry has already deduced Lord Black's case, We discuss Mr Blacks 'case'," Dumbledore stated.

"Wait Dumbledore id we do tell the facts, You need to make Sure the Potter kept their distance until we let the also non of this can get out of this room." Regulus pointed out.

"I will do everything I can, but as you can see he are in this room as well."

After seconds of silence, Dumbledore stared his interrogation, "Did you Mr Black get put in a cell with Lady Lestrange and Lord Black on the first of November nineteen eighty-one?"

"From what the information I know I did," Regulus answered, he had prefered to keep the truth to himself but it was going to be put out his anyways. Without even looking into the Potter's brain you can see their theories swirling around in their eyes.

"After spending five years in Azkaban, at the age of eight you were adopted by Lord Black here and soon to attend Durmstrung institution of Magic, I'm correct?"

he had no idea how Dumbledore had found out about the adoption as it was a family ritual.

"You are correct Headmaster Dumbledore." he hesitantly told him.

"So I would be right to assume you were orrigaly born under the name of Harry Sirius Potter."

"Yes, you would be correct." It slipped out before he even had a chance to progress the information.