CHPT. 23 Rise from the ashes

Începe de la început

"Did a bard really start the rebellion?"

He smirked, throwing his sword right at a soldier that was about to shoot his men. He kicked and punched those in front of him until he landed right beside the man he had thrown his sword.

"Get that damned Caelentis!" 

He heard, turning to the direction the voice came from. "Young master!" One of his soldiers yelled, worried that the young man who wore a blindfold did not realize it. There was an entire group aiming for his head.

The young Caelentis scoffed, mocking the soldiers as he easily parried against all of their attacks. He guided himself through sound, creating movements that cut down those that tried to attack him.

Though he did overestimate himself. A cold blade sliced at his arm, making him hiss in pain.

"So your Alexander's son. The rumors of you being an excellent warrior were no jest then. Regardless of the blindfold, you wear." A voice entered his ears, causing Yue to violently swings his blade at the stranger.

"... Commander, right? Father has spoken about you before. Says you were an insane bastard who wasted his skills on a tyrant."

He retorted, smirking smugly. His blade clashed with another, but he did not yield to a strength that seemed stronger than his own.

The man was enraged, swinging his sword to the young Caelentis without any hesitation. He was aiming for the boy's head. Every strike came with a parry, counter, or even a simple dodge. Their battle was going on and on until Yueshi raised his sword and violently swung it over the man's arm.

An ear-splitting scream could be heard, as the thud was subtly heard among the commotion. The commander of decarabians army gripped his shoulder, his arm laying bloody on the ground as his opponent pressed the tip of his blade on his neck.

He could feel a cold and menacing gaze beneath that blindfold but it did not stop him from grinning insanely. Lifting a small portion of it, the Commander froze at a familiar eye, clearly the perfect azure of the Caelentis. As if a wolf gazed down at their prey, that was what Caelentis was.

But it did not stop the man from looking insane, smug as if he has won the war.

"You may win this war, but will your family last without their army?"

.

     Was it impossible for me to be happy? Why did they have to die?

Great flames enveloped his home, as his bloody figure stood there in horror.

"Father! Borris!"

He yelled, jumping into the flames. These flames that burned his family, did nothing to him. Even if some parts of his body were literally on fire, he could barely feel any pain. Discarding his blindfold, ignoring the horror filled cries of his soldiers.

He rummaged through the burning wood until he found three people holding each other tight. Their skin turning darker and darker as the fire burned them, and his eyes grew wide in horror.

"No! Father wake up!"

He yelled as the image became clear. Alexander did all he could to protect his youngest child and wife but seemed to have failed. The ones he held were now burning corpses, as he barely held into the string of life.