Rumours

Part two of Boys' Restroom
CW: Mentions of past r4pe and sexual assault

Five hundred and seventeen days. That's how long it had been since it happened. Since then Leorio had come out to his mom and moved schools among other things.

The new school was in a different state. He moved from California to New York. His mom didn't know about what happened until after they moved. Which was a month or two after. Now, out of state, there was nothing they could do about it. Which was okay, since Leorio would rather forget. It was difficult. Very difficult.

Leorio walked through the hallway of the new school. He had just started school here two weeks ago. He was off for a while, during summer and to recover from everything. It took a bit over a year but that's how long he needed. His mother really cared. She was amazing. However, she still had to enroll Leorio as a female student.

It was early October. Usually, Leorio loved Halloween but not this time. Not when everyone was spreading rumors about him.

"She's only fifteen," Leorio had once overheard someone. "Why would she do that?"

"I don't know. She was fourteen at the time."

"Really? With four guys? That's an awful lot."

Leorio felt sick hearing all of those conversations. The rumors. Rumors that he had chosen to have unprotected sex with four guys. It was terrible. The story has spread across the country to his new school. And people were judging him. He had no friends. He was called a "slut", a "whore", a "freak." Boys would flirt with him asking if he would "do it again." It was hell.

Leorio sat at a table in the back of the library. It was study hall. He had brought a water bottle and his own book.

As Leorio opened it to read, someone sat across from him. He looked up. A blond boy was sitting there. "Hi," the boy said. "You're Alicia, right?"

Leorio frowned. "I guess so," he responded.

"You guess? What does that mean?"

"I don't like being called Alicia."

"Why not?"

"For a reason that I won't disclose to you."

The boy pointed. "Okay, then," he said. "What do you want me to call you?"

Leorio hesitated. He never thought he would be asked that. "Uhm, L," he said. "I guess you can call me L."

The boy nodded. "Well, then L," he said. "My name is Kurapika."

Leorio looked Kurapika up and down. He didn't know why he was sitting there. Maybe he was one of those boys. The horny ones.

"What do you want, Kurapika," he asked.

"I noticed that you're alone all the time. I would like to change that."

"Do you?"

"Yes, I do. I don't think anyone should be alone in school."

Leorio sighed. He shut his book and looked Kurapika in the eyes. "You do know why no one likes me, right," he asked.

Kurapika pursed his lips. "People do talk about you," he said. "Say things."

Leorio nodded. "What things have you heard," he asked.

"Well, uhm." Kurapika leaned forward and whispered, "People say that you gangbanged four guys at your old school."

Leorio frowned. "That's not true," he said.

Kurapika shrugged. "People say it is," he said. "One of the guy's cousins, Oliver told his friends. Then they told their friends. Then, well you know. Now everybody knows."

"Of course. It's not true."

"Did something actually happen?"

"Yes but I'd rather not talk about it."

"Oh, okay," Kurapika said. "There are other things too."

Leorio glared at the boy sitting across from him. "Like what," he asked.

"Well," Kurapika said fiddling his thumbs. "People say that you have a son at home."

Leorio pushed out his chair and stood. "I'm leaving," he said. "This is stupid. So stupid."

Kurapika stood and followed him. "Why," he asked. "I just want to know, is it true?"

Leorio turned. "Stop talking to me about it," he said. "I'm not answering any questions."

"Do you really hate talking about it that much?"

"Yes! I do! Now leave me alone!" He quickly walked down the hall to the bathroom. He walked in and locked himself in a stall. He started to cry. There was so much running through his head. He pulled out his phone and dialed his mom's number.

It took ten seconds for her to pick up. "Ali-Sorry, Leorio," she said. "Why are you calling in the middle of a school day?"

Leorio sniffed. "Can you pick me up," he asked. "People are talking again."

"Of, course baby. Do you need me to come now?"

"Of course. Do you want me to come now?"

"Yes, please."

Twenty minutes later, Leorio was called down to the office. His mom was there waiting for him. She wrapped her arm around him and walked outside.

"What happened this time," she asked as she started up the car.

Leorio sighed. "This boy was asking me too many questions," he said. "He didn't mean any harm but..."

His mom looked at him and softly smiled. "Okay, baby," she said. "I got out of work early for you. So, let's go home and pick up Victor then we can get ice cream. I'm sure Cassandra could use a break from him, anyway."

Leorio laughed. "Yeah," he said. "He's a pain in the butt."

It took only ten minutes to get home. Leorio quickly unbuckled. "Can I get him this time," he asked. "Please?"

Leorio's mom smiled. "Sure," she said. "Got get him. Here's the money."

Leorio took the money and jumped out of the car. He ran inside. Cassandra smiled when she saw him. "Shouldn't you be in school, young man," she said.

Leorio shook his head. "My mom picked me up early and now we're getting Victor," he said. "Here's your money!" He handed the dollars to Cassandra.

Cassandra smiled. "He's in the playpen," she said. "He's been crying for you and Tia all day."

Leorio nodded and walked into the living room. The playpen was in the corner and as Cassandra had said,  Victor was sitting in it. Leorio picked him up and smiled. "Hey, little man," he said. "I missed you too." He kissed the baby's cheek.

Leorio walked outside to the car. He put Victor in the back in his car seat. He sat beside him instead of upfront. His mom looked back and smiled. "You would rather sit with a baby instead of your own mom," she asked.

Leorio looked forward. "Yes, I would," he said. "He shouldn't be alone. And I want to be with him."

"He's your brother, remember that."

"He's not my brother."

"He's being raised as your brother. Remember that."

Leorio frowned. "Yes, ma'am."

"Now, let's go get that ice cream!"