"Where is what, honey?" He replies softly but that only seems to piss Neito off more, lips twisting into an angry scowl.

"Don't fucking play coy with me; where is my fucking phone, Katsuki?"

What?

Katsuki scrambles to cover Itsuki's ears, unsure of whether he's more upset that Neito would use such language in front of their boy or that Neito is accusing him of taking his things. He tries his best not to avert his gaze even though Neito's glare in tearing right through him.

"I don't know where your phone is, sweetheart. Have you checked the bathroom counter or the towel shelf? You tend to forget things in the mornings when you're in a hurry—"

"You know very well that you're not meant to touch my things—especially not my fucking cell phone. If I find that phone anywhere it isn't meant to be or even suspect that you've been going through my shit, you're going to be fucking sorry—mark my words."

Katsuki is, admittedly, begining to panic. He doesn't know what else to say to plead his case or if he should even say anything at all as it may just make his husband even more angry. He really hasn't touched his cell phone at all—wouldn't dare dream of it when he's had explicit instructions not to. He doesn't even know the code; how could he possibly have gone through it?

Katsuki feels tears threaten his waterline.

He's scared.

"B-Baby—"

"Shut. Your fucking. Mouth."

Katsuki presses his lips together with a nod, trembling hands still shielding Itsuki's ears. He doesn't want for him to hear Neito talking to him this way.

Neito sighs.

"You sit right there and don't move."

As if Katsuki could even find the strength to do so. He's absolutely terrified of being punished for something that he didn't even do.

He watches as Neito disappears, anxiously bouncing Itsuki on his knee. The boy, however, doesn't seem to since Katsuki's nervousness at all—and if he does then he's completely unfazed by it.

Neito comes back a moment later with a relieved sigh. He holds his right hand up to wave what seems to be his lost cell phone up in the air for Katsuki to see.

"It...seems to have fallen underneath the bed from my nightstand. Still on the charger. I must have knocked it over in my sleep some time during the night." He explains, approaching the kitchen table with a leisurely stride. He reaches up to card his fingers through Katsuki's hair with his free hand, leaning down to press a kiss to his temples in apology as Katsuki's fearful tears finally fall.

"Come now, wipe those tears. I'm not going to punish you, my love. You don't have to be frightened."

Katsuki chokes down a sob.

"I-I-I'm sorry—"

"None of that now. Honestly—as terrified as you are of punishment, I should have known that you would never defy me like that. Would you, love?"

Katsuki shakes his head.

"N-No, I would never. I don't like disappointing you..."

"Aw, of course you don't, baby. All you want is to keep me happy. Just make sure that you stay out of daddy's things, okay?"

An ominous chill rushes down Katsuki's spine.

Daddy?

He's never addressed himself like that before but it still somehow feels very familiar.