Stuck in the elevator

We were heading back home. I felt like I was a burden to him.

"Johan"

"Hmm?"

"I'm sorry" I apologized.

"For what?" He asked.

"I'm sorry for getting you in trouble," I said with my head down.

Johan didn't respond for few seconds.

"It's my job to protect you from trouble" he stated.

Somewhat it made me feel better but still there was something disturbing me.
We reached our apartment building. We decided to take the elevator instead of the stairs.

We entered the elevator and Johan pressed the 4th-floor button and the lift started moving upwards.

THUD!

The elevator stopped in between and the lights in the elevator were dimmed.

"What the-," I groaned.

Johan pressed the emergency button but it didn't work too.

"What do we do now?" Johan asked.

I pulled out my phone "Hold on, I will call the apartment maintenance and inform them" I replied.

"Hello?" The maintenance guy answered the call.

"Hi, I'm a resident living in this apartment on the 4th floor flat no.217. I and my friend are stuck inside the elevator please send help." I requested.

"Oh, mam I'm sorry it's caused by the power cut now. We are on the way to turn on the power generator please stay in there. Don't panic" he stated.

"Um, how long will it take?" I asked.

"Mam it will take 15 mins for the generator to produce electricity for all the units here. We will contact you back mam" he answered and hang up the phone.

I informed Johan that they are on the way to turn on the generator it will take 15 mins.

I was tired I leaned back and sat on the floor of the elevator. I was disturbed but what happened back there. I was ashamed of myself that I couldn't fight back. That guy's grip and the way he held me was disturbing.

Johan looked down at me.

"What's wrong with her? She looks hurt"
Johan thought.

"Did you get hurt back there?" Johan asked me.

"No" I replied bluntly.

"Then what's wrong ?"

"It's just...I trained in mixed martial arts for 3 years when I was young. It was mainly to protect myself but all that hard work couldn't help me today"
I stated.

Johan looked at me without responding to what I said. Johan came a bit closer to me.

"Stand up," Johan said.

"Huh?"

"Do it" he insisted.

I stood up on my knees. And looked at him with confusion. He came lit closer to me again.

He put his arms around my waist and pulled me closer to him.

"JOHAN! What are you doing?" I startled.

He avoided my question.

"When someone has gripped you like this you shouldn't try to free yourself by pushing them away by their chest. He took both my hands and placed them at the crook of his underarms "You should push him upward by the crook of his underarm. The crook is a weak spot on your body so when you give pressure on that part it will paralyze their arms and it will be easy to free yourself " he added.

I was shocked when this technique was simple and effective. Johan freed me and moved away from me.

"Th..thank you," I said.

Suddenly there was a shake in the elevator. The elevator started to work again. I felt relieved.

"Thank God" I sighed.

We reached our floor.

Ring Ring

My phone rang. It was the maintenance guy. He asked me whether the elevator started working. I replied yes and thanked him.

I didn't say goodnight to Johan I just went inside my apartment and locked the door behind me and went to my bathroom.

I looked at myself in the mirror.

My face was heated and it turned red
"W...what just happened back there" I blushed.

"His grip was stronger than that guy's grip"

I washed my face and changed my clothes and went to bed.

I couldn't stop thinking about how Johan was holding me.

Meanwhile at Johan's Apartment

Johan sat down on his bed and slammed his forehead with his palm.

"Damn it! Johan what were you even thinking back there. Holding Y/N like that" he murmured to himself.

He felt nervous and shy.

"Today was the first day of my job that I had to fight but it was nothing," Johan thought.

"I should protect Y/N at all costs". This money, I need it for Mom"

.

.

.

.

.

.