Coffee and Cuddles [BLURB]

He was never going to have a normal sleeping pattern. It didn't matter what shift he worked at the hospital, Draco was always going to wake up long before he needed to and would find it almost impossible to go back to sleep.

As he blinked in the early morning light, it would seem that Draco was going to have another early wake up call. Sighing quietly, he leaves his bed, careful not to jostle you too much. Draco might not have needed plenty of sleep to function, but he knew how much you loved yours, and he was not about to disturb it.

His routine remains undisturbed as Draco potters around the kitchen; grabbing a mug, making the coffee. He's been following this routine for many years, since he started training as a healer all those years ago. The routine grounded him; prepared him for the day ahead.

With fresh coffee in hand, Draco can finally begin his day.

For a moment all is peaceful. The steam rises gently from his coffee, the sun grows higher in the sky, and Draco breathes a sigh of contentment at being able to experience both. He settles down at the table, ready to stare into space, ready to think through his day.

"Love?" Your quiet voice sounds from the doorway.

Draco turns in his chair, standing at the sight of you in one of his many black dress shirts. "Darling," He greets, "What are you doing awake at this time?"

"I reached out for you in bed to find your side empty. I wanted to see if everything was okay."

"Well that depends..." Draco trails off; the first of many smiles that day stretching his lips.

"On what?"

"Are you wearing my clothes?"

You glance down to the black dress shirt only just covering your body. Fiddling with them, you smile seductively at the healer who had stolen your heart. "It was the first thing I found on the floor after we undressed in quite a hurry."

"You look spectacular," Draco breathes, eyes raking up and down you're body from your legs to the bright sparkle in your eye. Draco made a note every day to thank every god, goddess, and deity out there for bringing you into his life.

"What are you doing down here?" You question, deflecting the attention from yourself and lack of clothing.

"I couldn't sleep" Draco shrugs, "I was just having some coffee."

"Let me grab a cup and I'll join you."

Draco shakes his head. "Why don't you go back to bed? I know how much you like your sleep."

"On one condition..."

"Which is?"

"You come with me."

"Darling," Draco laughs, "I'm wide awake."

"Good," You smirk, leaning against the doorframe, "That gives us time for one thing."

Draco remains silent; he arches a single brow in question, not wanting to assume and be made a fool of so early in the morning.

"Cuddle me!" You laugh, stepping further from the kitchen, beckoning Draco back to bed with a single finger.

Draco follows as he always would.