Ch. 9: Play-offs?

Averman's POV:

I have no clue where Adrian is. Maybe she just is done with the Ducks, or she hates me. I mean she did have detention today for cursing at the principal, I admire her bravery. There's just something about that girl that makes me get all flustered.

"Hello. HELLO. Averman, snap out of it."

I got snapped out of it by the one and only Charlie Conway.

"Were you thinking about Adrian again?", asked Guy.

I felt my cheeks turn red. I sputtered out"Wha-What, Nah. Speaking of Adri though, do you know where she is?"

"No, We were going to ask you that.", Charlie said.

Our conversation got interrupted by the one and only Adam Banks, walking into the room.

"Hey. Wasn't sure if you were gonna show up.", Bombay told him.

"Yeah, whatever. I just wanna play hockey."

"Good. Ducks, you all know Adam Banks."

"On behalf of the Ducks, I'd like to say welcome.", Charlie went up but Jesse stopped him.

"Cake-eater."

"Ooh, the Jess-man dissin' the new guy! The Jess-ster.", I said joking around.

"Shut up, Averman!", Jesse yelled.

"It's just a joke.", I said sadly. I wish Adrian was here. She would've found me funny.

"Puttin' on a Ducks jersey doesn't mean you're a real Duck.", Jesse said as he walked out of the room.

We all followed him onto the ice.

Adrian's POV:

I didn't have a ride home from school, my parents were at work and the Hall's and Averman's Parents would already be at the game. I checked my watch. It's 5 o'clock. Thirty minutes until the game started. I ran home which took about ten minutes. Then I went inside and changed into all of my hockey gear except my skates. I put on my rollerblades and skated over to the arena. Luckily, Ours was only about 26 mins away on foot. I took off my blades, ran into the locker room, and tied my skates. I heard the Buzzer ring. 'End of 1st', I thought to myself.

I skated over to the bench right before the next period began. They had one goal. We had zero.

"Hey, McKay! Where were you?", Coach asked.

"I'm sorry Coach! I had detention, and I forgot to ask for a ride because my parents are at work. And-"

"It's okay, Adrian. Hey, if you need a ride, let me know."

"Thanks, Coach."

"Anytime."

It was the end of the 3rd now. Banks had scored. It was tied up.

"Goldberg, you're gonna sit this one out."

"What? You're pulling the goalie when we're tied?", Karp asked.

"Guys! Listen he might be onto something.", I said.

"A tie isn't gonna help us. We need to win. Okay, Fulton, you're our extra man. Everybody get the puck to Fulton. That's your job."

"We pulling the Statue of Liberty play?", Fulton asked.

"No, take your shot. You may only get one, so it's gotta be good."

"But, coach, one out one?", he questioned.

"Soft hands, Fulton. Concentration, not strength.", Guy said.

"That's right! Okay? Let's get the Huskies!"

They intercepted the pass to Fulton. He knocked them over and stole the puck. He shot it and it went through the goal.

"We won!", I screamed, "We actually won!"