Ch. 6: The Cardinals Game

It was our game against the Cardinals. Coach had us throwing footballs at each other for warm-ups, while he gave us an inspirational speech. This man confuses me.

The ref blew the whistle and coach gave us another pep talk. Didn't he despise us a week ago? Whatever. 

"All right, Let's forget about the past. We lost a few games, tough! That was District Five. Now we're the Ducks. And the Ducks... are undefeated.", He started to chant, "Quack, Quack."

We all joined in, "Quack! Quack! Quack! Quack! Quack! Quack! Quack! Quack! Quack! GOOOO..... DUCKS!"

The game started. Charlie stole the puck from them and passed it to Connie. Connie to Averman. Aves to me. Me to Guy. and he shot... and scored!

I went up and hugged Guy and then Aves. Now it's 2-1. We can beat them.

They got the puck, I slammed one of them into the boards, "How do you like that shrimp boy?"

Karp was the only one left on defense. The dude shot it into his helmet. Now he had a dent in it.

"Karp, How many fingers am I holding up?", Coach asked.

"Pfft, He wouldn't know that anyway.", I replied.

"Shut up, McKay. Karp, you okay?"

"Dude look at this!!", I said as I handed Bombay the helmet he was once wearing.

Averman said, "The Karp-ster used his head to stop the puck. Mr. Karp-a-lanee.."

"Let's get you off the ice. Come on."

Bombay escorted Karp off the ice. I screamed towards them, "Hey, Karp, Way to use your head!"

Karp still had that look that could kill, even if he did have a concussion.

We went over to the bench.

"Alright, Ducks. We're still in this. Adrian, Terry, Jesse, Guy, Time for the secret weapon. Okay, Fulton. Remember, just like we talked about."

Peter screened, "Come on, guys. Let's do it."

(BTW Instead of them being 10 they're gonna be 12) 

Averman whispered in my ear, "You got this, okay?", I nodded, "Twenty seconds."

Guy took the center, I took right defenseman, behind Fulton. That way I could get a good shot. Because ~distraction~.

Guy won this face-off. Jesse passed it to Fulton. Fulton faked the shot and all the defenders moved out of the way. Terry went behind brought it up and passed it to me. I wound up and scored. I skated over to Fulton and gave him a hug. After I gave everybody hugs and high-fives. I finally went up to Averman and gave him a big hug. 

"You did so well! Even I didn't see that comin' and I was at practice."

"I'm sure you didn't Aves."

"You wanna have a sleepover at my house tonight?"

I smiled, "Why not?"

We pulled away and Aves's face was pink.

"Are you okay?"

"I-uh-it's just really cold in here."

I was confused because I was a sweaty mess, but I did play longer than him. I guess that makes sense.

(OMGOODNESSGRAVY Why am I making you so oblivious, Whatever. Hope y'all enjoyed it.)