Ch. 7: Cake-eater Coach

We were going to play a game when Jesse, Peter, and I, overheard Bombay talking to Coach Reilly. 

"You got a whole team of Banks's. One kid isn't gonna make a difference."

"Even with Banks, what do you think you're gonna prove. You and that bunch of losers."

I was about to fight him but Jesse held me back. The next words that came out of that man's mouth were one's that I never thought he would say.

"That's right, Coach. They are LOSERS. We hate losers, don't we? They don't even deserve to live. Maybe you're right."

I was holding back tears at this point. Jesse just put his hand on my back and shook his head, and ushered me to the locker room. We told Terry and he stopped getting changed, he was just in his pads. Everybody else got into their uniforms and gear and was cheering about the playoffs. Whereas the four of us sat in the corner, Jesse was angrily playing with his hockey stick, Terry looked like a deer in headlights, Peter was being-well Peter, and I felt like my world had crashed and burned. I wanted to go to my room and cry it out, which is nothing like me. Stay tough for the team, Adrian, and especially him. 

Bombay approached us. Ohh no.

"Hey, why aren't you guys in uniform? We got warm-ups in half an hour.", I just looked at Jesse as he turned away, "All right, everyone, listen up. I got some good news. We're getting a new player, ADAM BANKS."

A chorus of whats and are you serious echoed through.
"He's a Hawk.", Karp said.
"He and his friends have bullied me since kindergarten!", I said argrilly.

"He's a good player."

"Everybody hates him!", Jesse yelled.

"Yeah, we don't need him.", Connie replied.

"I'm the coach. I say we do need him. Now, if we make it to the playoffs, he could be a big help."

"'If?' All of a sudden you think we're not good enough?", Karp questioned.

Peter interrupted, "No, he thinks we're losers. That's what he told Reilly."

"What?", Bomboozel questioned.

"Oh, cmon! We heard what you said.", Peter said.

I stood up and looked him in the eyes as I got very angry, "You said we were losers, we didn't deserve to live-"

"That's not what I meant.", Bambi interrupted.

"I saw that picture of you missing that goal when we were getting gear. You were a Hawk, weren't you? I guess you guys stick together to the end. You know what? I don't you stinkin' equipment.", I dropped my jersey on the ground, "You know what 'Coach' I actually put trust in you, but I guess some people just can't change. You will always be the same backstabbing, snobby cake-eater you were before you met me. Have fun with the new cake-eaters you steal. See you around."

"Congrats man, you just lost one of the people keepin' this team together.", Peter patted Gordan on the back and left beside me.

"Adrian, Peter! Come back here. I'm talkin' to you guys."

We walked out.

Meanwhile back in the locker room:

"Forget it, cake-eater. If you wanna play, play with yourself. C'mon Terry.", Jesse said as he and Terry walked out throwing their stuff on the floor.

"Where do you think you guys are going? I don't believe this. *sighs* All right, I'm goin' up to the bench because that's where I'm supposed to be. Anyone who wants to join me can. Anyone who doesn't...Well..."

"Ten minutes till game time coach."

"They're in a little bit of a frenzy. They'll be out in a few."

The door slams and only Charlie and Fulton came out onto the ice.

"Not much of a frenzy."

"*Sighs* We FORFEIT."

(Woah two updates in one day, I must be having a stroke. Jk. Thanks for being so supportive and I should be able to update a lot faster now, but I make no promises. Remember to eat and drink something and have a happy day.
Xoxo,
Kenzie)