Part 5 - Meeting

Y/N POV

Thor stepped out of the lift first, there was a slight look of anxiety in his eyes, but his smile stayed on his face as he turned to the man walking out behind him.

I took a deep breath as I looked at the god for the first time. Loki. He was tall, over 6 foot and slender. He wore green and gold robes, they fit him perfectly. His face was hardened, in an attempt to look indifferent to his situation, but the fear behind his small smile was obvious, at least to me.

I was standing towards the back of the room and I was glad for it. As soon as he walked into the room I don't think I took a single breath, I couldn't stop looking into his eyes, they were so deep and beautiful. Even from here, the deep green was unmistakable and unforgettable. The exact colour I had spent my whole life looking for. The humming in my mind had intensified so much in the last two days, I now realise it was in anticipation. Now the noise in my head, felt like a full orchestra. I could hardly think, hardly hear as Steve spoke to the god in front of me.

"Loki" Steve nodded, Loki nodded in response. Bruce started to walk towards the Asgardian. "Dr banner, so lovely to see you again" Loki said in a deep and sarcastic tone, Bruce tried to ignore him and took Loki's wrist to place the small bracelet onto it. The Vibranium tightened and then eased around his wrist.

"Now Reindeer games, this here bracelet won't stop your magic, but you can't go teleporting around the planet anymore and it might be slightly harder for you to turn on us and repeat your mistakes." Tony smiled as he popped another blueberry into his mouth. Offering one, only half seriously to the raven haired man.

It was all so uncharacteristically formal, no one was talking or joking. Everyone was either looking at the floor or staring daggers at the man in front of them. The air was filled with discomfort, and I couldn't take it.

I looked over at Wanda, who I knew would be feeling the same, she also seemed to have sympathy for the god. She nodded in agreement to my silent question. I stepped forward, cleared my throat and spoke. "Well, this is all very wholesome and uncomfortable, does anyone want tea?" I asked as Wanda flicked the switch on the kettle from her seat.

Thor smiled wide at me, clearly grateful to have someone break the tension in the room. Stepping towards me, half pulling Loki behind he gestured to me. "Brother, this is y/n the newest member of our family"

The raven haired man looked me up and down with a cold and calculated stare "your illusion is very impressive" he said with a wry smile, he was testing me, he wanted to see if he could get under my skin I guess.

I beamed the biggest and sweetest smile I could manage, half curtsied as I spoke, "thank you, I tried just for you" matching his sarcastic tone. His eyes snapped to look into mine with a more genuine smile he spoke quietly, so that only I, and maybe Thor, could hear "my brother told me I owe you some thanks, so, thank you, for the room or whatever".

I don't know why, but maybe I'd passed some sort of test? Why did Thor have to tell him about my argument with the team? I blushed with a little bit of embarrassment "there's no reason to thank me".

I smiled and moved closer to him. He smelt divine, my heartbeat increased slightly as I walked towards him, looking deep into those eyes I dove inside his mind just long enough to find out what I needed, I couldn't stay there long or I would unravel. I turned back to the team.

"Wanda, Nat, we're going shopping. Tony I'll be needing that card".

LOKI's POV

Walking into the room hadn't been as bad as I thought it would be, but it was very clear I had just entered a room full of people talking about me, the atmosphere was stale and hostile. I felt somewhat threatened.

The last time I had been here was to come and tell my brother than I was alive. I had travelled to New Asgard, but I only found a Valkyrie, who had taken the throne under my brothers orders. I had done my best to apologise to all of them at the time. Dr Banner had explained how I helped during Ragnarök, and this seemed to calm the Avengers. But it wasn't exactly 'fixed' between us.

My attention snapped to the room when Banner placed a metal bracelet on my wrist, it tightened around me, pinching my skin before settling into a fitted, but comfortable enough position. I felt my power drain slightly, as if they had added weights to my robe, but Stark and my brother were right, they hadn't removed my powers, only suppressed them a small amount.

I looked around the room at the hardened faces, and took a deep breath, thinking of something, anything to say to reduce the tension in the room. Romanov and Clint were staring at me with particularly threatening looks. I felt a pang of guilt looking at Clint, I knew what I'd done to him, I deserved that look. My thoughts were interrupted when a figure in the back of the room stepped forward "Well, this is all very wholesome and uncomfortable, does anyone want tea?" a soft and melodic voice rang from the back of the room.

Thor seemed to relax slightly next to me, and oddly, the soft voice eased my tension slightly as well. "Brother, this is y/n the newest member of our family" Thor chimed, she moved towards me, her illusion was intense, impressive, near impossible to detect, but it was there. "your illusion is very impressive" I smirked, Thor has said she was a gentle soul, let's see how boring she is.

The girl took a small bow raising her head she spoke "thank you, I tried just for you" she smiled back, matching my sarcasm. Oh, I like this one, maybe she won't be so boring after all. Even in her sarcasm her sweet nature did not faulter, I remembered what Thor had said in the lift and with a small smile I leaned closer and thanked her for my room, or whatever it was she did to make my life more comfortable here.

She walked towards me, slowly without making a sound, she was so light on her feet, graceful almost, she certainly was no mortal. As she moved towards me, her eyes stayed fixated to mine. I felt my breath catch in my throat.

She was rather beautiful, if not a bit plain, but it was all an illusion anyway, not that I cared of course. Nether the less my heart did start to race. She was new, exciting, that was all. Just for a second she looked at me so deeply that I felt she knew me, she looked at me like she was searching for something and then without missing a beat, she turned away from me.

In a light and excited tone she turned to the witch near her "Wanda, Nat we're going shopping, Tony I'll be needing that card". The avengers in unison rolled their eyes at her as she dragged Romanov and the witch out of the building.

"Well Reindeer games, you may as well see your room before it gets a makeover" Stark gestured to the lift, I tried not to flinch at the nickname and followed Stark and Thor into the lift.

They lead me down a small and quiet hallway. The room was bare, large enough, the biggest room I'd had since being in the palace in Asgard. But it was empty, white walls, a few bookshelves and a large double bed with white sheets.

"I'll leave you to settle brother" Thor spoke quieter than usual, observing me, "The room across the corridor is y/n's, she'll be back later, she has a habit of decorating rooms for people, she's done it for all of us and no doubt that is where she is now."

I raised my eyebrows "how could she possibly decorate a room for me brother, she knows nothing of me" Stark and my oaf brother laughed sharing a knowing look.

"She calls it a Barwen, she knows you Reindeer games, don't ask me how, but she knows all of us." Stark smiled, barwen... that was a language that seemed familiar, an old language, maybe even older than Asgardian. But I couldn't place my mind on it.

They left the room with nothing else to say. I placed three of the books I brought with me on the bare shelves and settled onto the bed to read my favourite book.

Loki and NymOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara