Part 27- The Gardens

Y/N POV

I woke up gently, the sun came in through the curtains but I wasn't ready to open my eyes just yet. Wrapped in my duvet I was the perfect temperature, not too hot not too cold.

As I became more aware of my surroundings I felt the gentle rise and fall of my pillow. Loki. A warm smile crept across my face as I nestled into his chest. The soft tunic he wore was gentle against my cheek and I could feel his cool arm wrapped around my shoulder, his hand absentmindedly caressed my shoulder.

A big yawn escaped my lips as I stretched slightly, forcing my eyes open, annoyingly I realised I couldn't fall back to sleep.

"Good morning my darling" came a soft and groggy voice from above my head. I wiggled myself around so that my hand laid on his chest, as I looked up. "Good morning Loki" I grinned, "what are you smiling at?" he asked with a chuckle. "I'm just thinking how you'd never let anyone see you with your hair like that" I said with a giggle.

His eyes widened in mock panic as he reached up to his hair, the mess of curls and waves stuck all over the place. He ran a hand through it and with a hint of green they fell into a neat and natural wave. "spoil sport" I grumbled and went to check my own hair "Darling your hair is as beautiful as always" he smiled at me as he stroked a lose curl from my face.

A resounding knock came at my door, breaking both of us from the peaceful trance we had been in. "Forgive me lady y/n" Thor called from the other side of the door, Loki rolled his eyes at the sound of his brothers voice. "Have you by chance seen my brother? I cannot find him anywhere", I opened my mouth to reply to him, but Loki covered my mouth and shook his head. I rolled my eyes "No Thor, I haven't seen Loki yet, I've only just woken up" I called back. I could feel Thor hesitating at the door "oh, I'll look in his room again I suppose", Loki looked at me and stood reluctantly, with a wink he disappeared.

Outside my room I heard Loki's door open, I could just hear his voice "what on Asgard are you on about brother". I let their conversation fade into the distance as I pulled myself out of bed.

Heading over to my plants I smiled to myself, they chatted away for a while as we caught up and I gave them some care. The team had done a surprisingly good job of caring for them all things considered.

Running a hand through my mess of hair I pulled on a sweater and some leggings before picking up a book and heading towards the kitchen. Thor and Loki were gone so I headed into the lift on my own.

The hustle and bustle of the kitchen made me smile, it had been so wonderful on Alsoi, but I had missed the breakfast madness at the compound. "Morning Lorax" Tony called from the sofa, "hey Nym" Bucky and Sam said in unison, I shuddered "Okay that was too weird, just call me y/n, please" I said with a short laugh, pretending to rub shudders from my arms, which got a laugh out of everyone.

Clint and Cap had fallen into their usual routine of making pancakes for everyone, my mouth began to water at the idea. I wandered over to the counter and made myself some tea, before slumping onto the sofa between Nat and Wanda, putting my head on Wanda's shoulder. "How was your trip home y/n?" Nat asked me as she took a sip of her coffee and switched between channels to find something to watch.

I filled them all in on my few days away, I told them stories and all the gossip I'd heard. To my surprise they wanted to hear every detail, about the politics, about the music and food. No detail was spared. Just as I finished filling them in Thor and Loki walked into the room.

"Is everything okay?" I asked, it was unlike Thor to be late for breakfast, they both grabbed some pancakes and joined us on the sofas. "Of course Lady Nym, I just needed a chat with my sibling!" Loki nodded in confirmation and I relaxed back into my seat. "Hey! How come Thor can use your real name and we can't!" Sam called out in mock annoyance. "Because it sounds way less weird" Clint said with his mouth full. Everyone else agreed.