Part 29- Courting

Y/N POV

A few days had passed since the movie night. Loki seemed lighter in a way they hadn't been in a while. The team had all made efforts in their own way to show support for him, especially Clint. Clint had struggled for so long after being under mind control and although Loki had apologised and all had been forgiven there seemed to be something comforting in the knowledge that they had both been under the control of the sceptre.

Loki and I had not spent every second of the day together, but we spent a good portion of each day in the library or going on walks. Just finding pockets here and there in our busy lives to be together.

I headed towards the kitchen with a skip in my step, although the pain from the call wouldn't really go away till the ceremony had been completed I felt much better, I was no longer fighting against my nature, and for now I was more than happy to enjoy the courting.

This morning the kitchen was quiet, some of the team had been called out on a mission and the only people around were Loki and Wanda. "Hello beautiful!" Wanda chimed, as Loki floated towards me and placed a soft kiss on my forehead. Today Loki was in their female form, she wore a long green and gold dress, her hair fell in long natural curls and her emerald eyes were filled with warmth. "Hello darling" she purred sending shivers down my spine. "Hello beautiful" I smiled and reached up to kiss her cheek.

Wanda moved her graceful hands and a cup of coffee appeared for me, I smiled at her and took a sip. "Honestly Wanda, you really are the best" she grinned at me, "I know, I know, sorry Loki" she said with a wink.

"what's the plan today then, the three amigos hanging out while everyone's out?" I said using finger guns, my new favourite human gesture. Loki rolled her eyes and shook her head at me, laughing. "I'm sorry my dear but I have plans today" Wanda said with a small smile, I shrugged, she was probably off to spend time with the sorcerer in New York.

"It's just us then darling" Loki cooed as she pulled me in tight to her, "I can live with that" I smile. "Shall we venture into the world today?" Loki asked and I agreed.

Before long Loki and I were in one of starks cars on our way into the city. She had bravely chosen to stay in her female form, she wore a long green dress with a golden jumper falling over it, combining her Asgardian elegance with Midgardian fashion in the best way possible.

As we ventured out of the complex and I felt pride run through me. Loki had grown so comfortable with the team that they finally knew we would stay with them no matter how they presented themselves, to us or to the rest of the world.

The familiar bell rang through the store as we opened the door to the book shop. Mr Matsumoto's head poked round the corner, "Well if it isn't my favourite people!" he chimed happily. He turned his attention to Loki "you know, I'm not sure I understand what's happening here, but that's still you isn't it Loki?". Loki looked shocked and nodded, "you can't slip anything past this old man" he said with a wink.

Loki leaned down to me and whispered in my ear "I suppose that's one person I didn't need to come out to" she said with a chuckle.

We soon found ourselves sitting in some of the mismatched chairs at the back of the store, it was a quiet day today and we were able to just sit and catch up. I shifted uneasily in my seat. I'd shown my whole family who I really was, but this man had become somewhat of a father figure for me, and I had been hiding myself from him the longest. As I fiddled with my fingers I suddenly became aware of Mr Matsumoto calling my name.

"Sorry, what did you say?" I chuckled, shaking myself out of my thoughts. "I said, something is eating you up kid, do you want to tell me what's going on?" he said softly. I sighed, "Actually, there is, when I first met you" I sighed not knowing how to start.