02

y/n's pov

"hey, y/n? are you listening to me?" mom asked. i just nervously smiled at her as a response. "so, as i was saying a while ago, you should pay attention to your biology class."

"but, mom-" i sighed and looked down. "you know that even if how much i tried to learn it on my own, i can't- i just can't. do you even know how i feel... i do try my best.." i silently replied. not wanting to be scolded or sound disrespectful.

she caressed my hair and put it in the back of my ears. the wind blew. i looked into her eyes. she still looks beautiful as ever. i got my looks from her and the intelligence from my dad.

"don't worry, honey. your dad and i, already talked about this.." she stopped and looked at me. "we'll take you to school after this, okay?" my mood lightens up, and look at her in surprise. i feel like, this is my best day ever.

"really?!" i exclaimed. she just nodded and smiled at me. i hugged her, excitedly.

"hey hey, don't be too excited your heart!" dad entered with fruits. i hugged him too.

"you guys are the best!" i kissed both cheeks. they laughed.

"then, we'll see you later, darling! enjoy your day, we love you!" mom shouts.

"i love you too!" i responded.

they left my room. i smiled.

i also went there. remembered that i have to give the updates in the soft purple-haired boy about sh- is it shinichiro? but yeah, him.

i walked in the counter. luckily, there's the nurse who's very close to me. i asked her, "mi-chan, is there anyone on your list named, shinichiro?" she hummed and looked at the list. "the one who just brought here yesterday night." i explained more.

"ah yeah. he died, 11:24 pm. why? are you one of his acquaintances? or do you know someone who knows him? because no one of his relatives or friends is coming." she said.

i was stood there, shocked about what i just heard. "is there any chance that you know what happened?" i asked.

"hm... the media said that he was hit by a bolt cutter. the suspect was the same age as you. they're supposed to rob his shop. luckily, the cops arrived. the teenagers nowadays are pretty scary, right?"

i looked down. "hey, are you okay, y/n?" she rubbed my back.

i signed her that it's alright. i looked for my phone in one of my pockets and dialed the number of the purple-haired boy.

"hello, it's me." i silently said.

"hey? are there any updates about shinichiro-kun? is he alright?" he rushed questioning me. i huffed. "oh, sorry. is he alright?"

"he.." the silence is killing me. "he is already dead." he ended up the call.

i walked on the rooftop.

i feel bad for them. like, how the hell did they do that? i mean, i don't know what exactly the reasons are why they're supposed to rob the shop of the guy but i think that's not enough reason to kill him already. why... why those kind of people live?

the world is really cruel.

i can sense that someone is watching me so i woke up and looked at the boy. oh, the purple-haired

"you're already awake? you're a light sleeper, huh." he laughed. but i can tell that it's forced. i rubbed my eyes to see his face.

he looks attractive and pretty decent for a boy.

"well you see, shinichiro-kun is mikey's brother. the only brother he has. he's 10 years older than us. he also takes care of us sometimes. i didn't know that one of our friends will do that to him."

"wait, one of your friends?" i asked, shocked.

he hummed. "one of our close friends.." he sighed.

"i see.." i sounded so down. he lifts my chin.

"hey, don't be so down. i just hope that they have a good reason enough to believe why they did this or i will never forgive them" he clenched his fist but immediately smiled as he looked at me. "mitsuya takashi is the name." he offered his hands on me. i shake hands with him.

"are we.." he tilted his head. "are we friends now?" i shyly asked.

"of course. why you'll ask that. it's obvious, i owe you a lot." he joked.

"well, you see... i don't have any friends," i said.

"really? why though? even in school? oh speaking of, what school are you in?" he asked.

"i do homeschooling. i'm looking for a school right now though." he hummed again, sounding as 'ahh'

"well then, why don't you try our school? the one nearest here," he said.

"oh right! i saw that one before. maybe we'll check it." i tapped his shoulder.

"mitsuya." someone with a deep voice said. "let's go."

i looked at him and looked at mitsuya. he stands up and looked at me. "oh, before i leave, draken, this is y/n. y/n, this is draken." i nodded.

draken just lift his eyebrows at me and said, "nice to meet you." he sounds so intimidating. i shivered.

"m-me too! it's a pleasure to meet you!" i bowed

"we'll go now." - draken

"see you around, y/n!" mitsuya said.

"bye-bye!" i happily said at them.

friends...

-