𝟬.𝟵𝟬

𝗴𝗼𝗼𝗱𝗯𝘆𝗲𝘀

"Yelling at the sky
Screaming at the world
Baby, why'd you go away?"

Dedicated to whoever's still here reading <3

» POV: Johnny Orlando «

˚✧˖*༄

˚✧˖*༄

august 19, 7 years ago.

I'd been running around the whole of yesterday, planning today, making sure that everything would go perfectly. It was now today — and I laid on a towel on the grass, Mackenzie by my side, staring up at the sunset.

Truthfully speaking, I guess I can say that I was obsessed with the way today had it went. I got to Mackenzie's house early in the morning, and woke her up to cook breakfast together. Both of us couldn't cook for shit's sake but it was just as much fun as doing something else.

"So tell me why we've been out all day, doing so many different things? Damn John, you just walked me all around town and I didn't even complain one time. Be proud of yourself!"

Teasing me, Mackenzie kicked one of my legs. I stay silent for a few moments, enjoying the susurration of the trees and wind rustling around the lake behind us where we were at, feeding ducks and fish before the sun actually set.

"Let's just stay here for a while longer, and then I'll drive home and I'll tell you then."

We went over to the hospital, after breakfast, and watched my aunt do a Whipple from the operating room gallery — I had no idea what a Whipple actually was, and it was a little boring for me to watch, but I did it anyways because I knew Mackenzie would enjoy it. She'd always wanted to be a doctor. Somehow, it was suddenly lunch time, so we went over to Alexis'. The smile she had on and the look on her features when Alexis came by and served us the special for the day — parmesan cheese pizza, her favorite, was one of the highlights from the whole day.

The rest of the day was spent acting like little kids again, recreating photos of us when we were little, drawing on the sidewalk with colorful pieces of chalk — which I kept breaking, and kept getting smacked on the back of my neck for. We recreated this one picture, where Mackenzie and I were standing side by side, although our expressions were vastly different. She was beaming, pointing at the words she'd written, and I simply scowled. Under where I stood, she'd scrawled out "he have cooties! me no lik John eh-ni-mour." Trying to recreate that one picture took us a good few hours already, both of us couldn't stop ourselves from laughing every time we tried.

By the time we were finished with the four self timer photos we'd chosen to recreate, we couldn't laugh anymore — we'd been laughing for almost five hours straight, and our stomachs hurt, both from all the laughing we did, and from hunger. So, we packed a picnic set and drove to the lake twenty minutes away from where we lived.

The plan was to eat, and after we were done, to feed the ducks, until the sun started setting, which might not have been a problem, if it weren't for the fact that Mackenzie decided to make extra nutella sandwiches, resulting in only having two and a half pieces for the ducks.