𝟬.𝟲𝟬

𝗵𝗶𝗴𝗵 𝘀𝗰𝗵𝗼𝗼𝗹 𝘄𝗲𝗱𝗱𝗶𝗻𝗴𝘀 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗮𝗿𝗴𝘂𝗺𝗲𝗻𝘁𝘀

"Scared of the dark and broken hearts, I got phobias..."

Dedicated to everyone who's still active on wattpad still <3

» POV: Johnny Orlando «

˚✧˖*༄

˚✧˖*༄

march 20, 8 years ago.

I remember, it was around five thirty in the evening that day, as I keyed in the address of the hotel we were heading to, not really paying attention to what was happening around me. Staring at the screen for a few seconds, then looking up to the brunette sitting next to me in the passenger's seat looking at the mirror on the sunshield simpering at herself, a fleeting smile danced on my lips, before I directed my attention back to the device in my hand.

Setting the phone down behind the silver Toyota sign on the driver's wheel, I started the engine, and waited a few moments for it to warm up. It was then that I turned my head again, and I scanned her from top to bottom, before she cheekily caught me staring at her.

She wrinkled her nose, throwing her her head back, and laughed softly. "Oh but pardon me sir, I didn't know I had a fan!" Pulling her jacket a in a little tighter, she flipped her hair out from under it, jeering me.

Reaching over to turn the heater on a little higher, she sighed in contentment, before leaning back on the leather seat. Looking at me expectantly, she waited for an answer.

Mackenzie's laughter always sounded like music to me, and just hearing her laugh made me crack a smile. I gave her a toothy grin, as it slowly dissolved into laughter, before slapping her lightly on the arm.

"Not a fan," Pursing my lips together, I sighed, and then continued, "'cause you're a literal brat, Miss Ziegler."

My eyes flashed, as I started elaborating all the horrible things she'd done in the past three days to me, before she started shaking her head. Pointing toward the driving wheel, she spoke up again.

"Shut up and start driving already," Mackenzie said softly, "stop being such a moron," and then giggled.

I scoffed, and started driving.

The car ride was pleasant, with very few cars driving out on the highway, surprisingly. We chose not to listen to any music, talking instead, and I loved it. Even though Mackenzie had already told me what happened at home a few days ago, I kept quiet, my thoughts going elsewhere, while I let her keep chattering.

Stopping at a nearby kitchen ware store, we picked up a set of lovely dishes after letting Mackenzie walk through the whole store, admiring almost everything on all the aisles, before heading back on our way. The drive wasn't too far, so a few minutes later, we pulled up in the parking lot, surprised. Lights were already getting low, and we saw the streetlights lit, even though it wasn't too late yet.